Acer Nitro XV340CKP 34 inch UWQHD Ultrawide Gaming Monitor - half screen problem

Planstore
Planstore Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi I
 purchased my monitor last week (brand new, not reconditioned) had a few issues of the monitor not switching back on when recovering from sleep mode, now resolved after following the advice on this board but more than once now when booting up or restarting 1/2 the screen has coloured lines (see attached photo). I've updated the driver but no effect. I'm thinking I should return it and get it replaced before it gets worse but I thought I should at least ask in case its a setting or something I should change. I've used iiyama monitors for 20 years and beginning to regret changing from them, I don't expect a £600 monitor to have this many problems straight away

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    The system is obviously trying to show the whole splash screen but only getting the left half to work. That might be a video card issue instead of a monitor issue but we likely should pin it down more. Does it happen all the time? Does it happen only after the computer has been off long enough to fully cool down? Does it happen when using a different cable or port? What are the odds a technician will see it when first bringing up in the lab?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Planstore
    Hi Thanks for your response. I've spoken to an acer rep. who wanted me to return it under warranty. Given that the monitor is a couple of weeks old I went back to Amazon and asked for a replacement which is coming tomorrow. I'll return this one. If it happens again then it's obviously my card. Ill keep you updated!

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. :)

• billsey
    Please let us know...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Planstore
    Hi, received the replacement a couple of days ago, just been waiting to see if there’s any problems. So far none, so I would say either a faulty monitor or faulty cable (both were changed) I’ll let you know if anything else changes 👍
  • billsey
    Good enough, glad it's sorted! :)
  • CasperSauce
    CasperSauce Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi - I just bought this monitor short of a month ago and am experiencing the same exact issue. It only happens sometimes when the display wakes up. I never put my computer to sleep, I only have the display turnoff after 5 minutes, but I have also managed to have it happen after forcing sleep and waking the computer up. It doesn't happen all of the time and if I do anything that makes the screen refresh (reboot, change refresh rate, turn on/off free sync, turn on/off low latency mode, etc.) it removes that static or whatever you want to call it on the right and the full picture comes back. As far as my hardware goes I have an i7-4790 cpu, gtx 970, 16gb ram, windows 10.

In my trouble shooting I updated drivers, rolled back drivers, bought a VESA certified DisplayPort cable to replace the one that comes with the monitor, etc. The problem went away for about two weeks, but it randomly came back.

Just wondering if anybody has any thoughts. I bought the monitor on Newegg and I'd rather not wait the month for them to send me a new monitor, before my RMA ticket expires.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.