is it possible to swap out my laptop motherboard? - Aspire E5-575G

Options
Zareoph
Zareoph Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Aspire E5-575G

Im currently saving for a desktop pc but wan use my laptop while the cpu is overheating so im thinking of thinking of getting it abit of an upgrade. 

So I was wondering if with the motherboard of this laptop could be swapped out like others for abit of an upgrade so it can I guess play games more then 2fps at times while I save up for a better pc overall, I dont mind paying some extra money instead of just waiting because with the pc parts im saving up for it's going to take a while anyway

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    >>>cpu is overheating>>>

How hot? Throttling shouldn't happen unless temps are above about 94*C. Is battery near 100% charged and plugged in BEFORE you start heavy loads? Sometimes charger can't keep up with power demand and uses battery to supplement. When battery reaches below about 50% capacity, throttling may also happen.

Regarding boards, the i5-7200u equipped mainboard is probably the best performing in this particular series even better than the earlier comparably priced i7 boards, about $200. Later i7s aren't that much different but are nearly twice the price with perhaps better gpu's. If  you're willing the wait about 4 weeks, you can get just about any board you want for that case from Aliexpress.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Options
    Well sure it can be swapped. Which cpu is in therenow i3? i5? i7? But it may be far easier and cheaper to first try alternately and repeatedly vacuuming the air intake ports and blowing vacuum exhaust air into the air exhaust ports to try to dislodge debris and hair that have probably accumulated on the cpu/gpu heatsinks and fan blades. If that doesn't work, then repaste the likely dried out thermal paste on the heatsinks with a superior paste such as Kryonaut or ArticMX4. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Zareoph
    Zareoph Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    JackE said:
    Well sure it can be swapped. Which cpu is in therenow i3? i5? i7? But it may be far easier and cheaper to first try alternately and repeatedly vacuuming the air intake ports and blowing vacuum exhaust air into the air exhaust ports to try to dislodge debris and hair that have probably accumulated on the cpu/gpu heatsinks and fan blades. If that doesn't work, then repaste the likely dried out thermal paste on the heatsinks with a superior paste such as Kryonaut or ArticMX4. Jack E/NJ 
    I have a i5-7200u 

I already tried vacuuming the air intake ports and the paste seemed fine, nothing has changed. Thanks for the advice though
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    >>>cpu is overheating>>>

How hot? Throttling shouldn't happen unless temps are above about 94*C. Is battery near 100% charged and plugged in BEFORE you start heavy loads? Sometimes charger can't keep up with power demand and uses battery to supplement. When battery reaches below about 50% capacity, throttling may also happen.

Regarding boards, the i5-7200u equipped mainboard is probably the best performing in this particular series even better than the earlier comparably priced i7 boards, about $200. Later i7s aren't that much different but are nearly twice the price with perhaps better gpu's. If  you're willing the wait about 4 weeks, you can get just about any board you want for that case from Aliexpress.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ