Unlocking tablet is there a way I can get into the tablet?

HayleySeeley
HayleySeeley Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 2023 in Tablets
I have recently found my son's tablet fully charged it to find out he has forgotten the password tried all the passwords I could think of with no joy is there a way I can get into the tablet? 

[Edited the thread
 to add issue detail]

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,297 Pathfinder
    edited October 2020
    @HayleySeeley
    If the tablet does not have any important data then you can perform factory reset from recovery
    (Don't do this if tablet contain important data etc)

To boot in recovery→
    Use the following steps to perform a factory data reset using a key combination on boot.
    1. Power off the tablet.
    2. Press and hold the Volume up button, which is located closest to the touch screen lock switch.
    3. While holding the Volume up button, press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds then release it. Continue holding the Volume up button.
    4. Once the tablet screen turns on, stop holding the buttons.
    5. On the Android system recovery screen, select wipe data/factory reset. Use the Volume up and Volume down keys to navigate through the menus and use the Power button to select the desired option.
    6. When prompted to "Confirm wipe of all user data", select Yes -- delete all user data.
    7. Select reboot system now.

Once the tablet reboots to the Welcome screen, follow the onscreen steps to setup your tablet.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    You can also just go through the "I lost my password" process with Google and then use the new one.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AmericanNational
    AmericanNational Member Posts: 1 New User

My friend passed away the first week of April and I have her Acer Chromebook and I'm guessing there's a different way because this method didn't work. Thanks just the same.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

Yes, you have to go through the Google password reset process, which means having access to her email.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.