No Bootable Device, HDD0 & HDD1 Model Name and Serial Number Empty - Swift 3 SF315-51-54ZB

Bedah_Comel
Bedah_Comel Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2020 in Swift and Spin Series
Hi 
I need help for my Swift 3 SF315-51-54ZB

Ive try all the methods, and am still stuck wth the no bootable device..

In my Information Tab
HDD0 & HDD1 Model Name & Serial Number : None
SATA Mode : RAID

Boot Tab
Boot Mode : UEFI (cannot change it)
Secure Boot : Enable
Boot Priority Order : Empty

When Ive enable the F12 and press the F12
Boot Menu  : Empty

I dnt know what else I need to do..Ive try to boot using USB, but its cant read my USB..Dnt know what to do..

Do you think it can be fix or I need to get a new laptop?

Im sorry too cause Im not fluent in english..I hope someone could understand what am trying to explain my laptop problem..

Tq in advance for those whom response to my inquiry..

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Try first to disable Secure Boot to see if your USB install drive shows up as bootable. If not, how did you create it? You might either try Rufus or Windows Media Creation tool to put the install image on the flash drive. When you get it to boot from the install image, use the Repair option to get to the command prompt and then diskpart to look at your disks. The disk in your system may have failed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bedah_Comel
    Bedah_Comel Member Posts: 2 New User
    I think my disk may have failed..cause its appear as a (Boot :X) 500gb like that 

But I cant access to those Disk..its like hidden or something..

Any suggestion step or way or solutions?or I need to buy a new lptop?hmm..Dnt know what to do..trying chat wth Acer searching for an agent like ages..trying to call hard to reach them..wanna go to the Service Centre, its currently MCO in my zone..

I really really really need to use my lptop..Im couldnt sync the latest update on my work to oneDrive..ahhhh so stress..
  • billsey
    edited October 2020
    The X: drive is a pseudo drive created in memory for the install/repair environment. Can you get into the repair mode command prompt? If so give us the results of these commands:
    • diskpart
    • list disk
    • list vol
    It should look something like this:
    Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.19041.1

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.
    On computer: SWITCH7BE

DISKPART> list disk

Disk ###  Status         Size     Free     Dyn  Gpt
      --------  -------------  -------  -------  ---  ---
      Disk 0    Online          476 GB      0 B        *
      Disk 1    Online          238 GB    31 MB

DISKPART> list vol

Volume ###  Ltr  Label        Fs     Type        Size     Status     Info
      ----------  ---  -----------  -----  ----------  -------  ---------  --------
      Volume 0     C   Acer         NTFS   Partition    475 GB  Healthy    Boot
      Volume 1                      NTFS   Partition   1024 MB  Healthy
      Volume 2         ESP          FAT32  Partition    100 MB  Healthy    System
      Volume 3     D                exFAT  Removable    238 GB  Healthy

DISKPART>

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mrvelastiqui
    mrvelastiqui Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey Bilsey! How are you? I´ve been doing exactly what you said and these it´s my result.

My question is: What now?

• billsey

Those partitions look normal to me, the 100MB is the EFI partition, the 512MB is the recovery partition. In diskpart you can temporarily assign a drive letter to the EFI partition, then access it to see what data is on it. From that same command prompt after the list vol command use:

select vol 2

assign letter=E

The exit diskpart and do directory for the E: drive.

cd E:

dir /s

You should see a fair number of files and directories. If everything looks OK, do this:

bcdboot c:\Windows /s E: /f ALL

bootrec /rebuildbcd

Then see if it's back to being bootable.