Triple external monitor support via USB-C dock - Aspire E5-575G

bb68
bb68 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Can an Aspire E5-575G support triple external monitors via a USB-C dock? When plugged into the dock, only 2 of the external monitors are detected. I have another laptop (Dell), and all 3 external monitors work when it is plugged into the dock. I have been working with the dock’s manufacturer (J5Create) and they believe the issue may be with Aspire E5-575G  laptop vs the dock or Windows 10. 

Is anyone running a Aspire E5-575G in a triple external monitor setup via the laptop’s USB-C port?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    All you really need to know is that the USBC port is gen1 for this model----has a max bit rate of 5Gb/s---and does not natively support video out. This is not a thunderbolt port. So I think you're dock and the port itself are doing very well getting even two displays to work from a single 5Gb/s rated port. Trying to squeeze another video signal from a 5Gb/s port that doesn't natively support video out seems unrealistic. Sorry, you'll have to use the HDMI or VGA port to do what you seem to want to do. Of course, if you're looking to mirror additional displays, that can easily be done with powered hubs for just about as many displays as you want.   :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    You're apparently using an active dock since your usbc port doesn't natively support video out. Is a 3rd monitor detected by either the HDMI or VGA port? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• bb68
    bb68 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Yes. 3rd monitor is detected if I remove it from the dock and plug it into the laptop hdmi port. Can't find much detail on what is supported by this model except for: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45389
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    All you really need to know is that the USBC port is gen1 for this model----has a max bit rate of 5Gb/s---and does not natively support video out. This is not a thunderbolt port. So I think you're dock and the port itself are doing very well getting even two displays to work from a single 5Gb/s rated port. Trying to squeeze another video signal from a 5Gb/s port that doesn't natively support video out seems unrealistic. Sorry, you'll have to use the HDMI or VGA port to do what you seem to want to do. Of course, if you're looking to mirror additional displays, that can easily be done with powered hubs for just about as many displays as you want.   :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ