Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aspire C24-865 (D17W3)

Danielhkyun
Danielhkyun Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
   After the Acer update in Windows Update, there are two beeps and a black screen. The last screen came out as a keyboard error, and if I reboot after that, it goes directly to the black screen with two beeps. I tried plugging the mouse and keyboard into the 4 USB ports, but the LED of the mouse comes on, but the keyboard doesn't work.
Please help me in this matter. T^T

Answers

•    After the Acer update in Windows Update, there are two beeps and a black screen. The last screen came out as a keyboard error, and if I reboot after that, it goes directly to the black screen with two beeps. I tried plugging the mouse and keyboard into the 4 USB ports, but the LED of the mouse comes on, but the keyboard doesn't work.
    Please help me in this matter. T^T

Firstly, how much RAM have you got in your Aspire C24-865? As the two short beeps means there has been a parity error in your base memory. This problem affects the first 64 KB block of memory in your RAM. Like all RAM problems, this isn't something you'll be able to fix yourself or get repaired as the OEM 8GB RAM of the Aspire C24-865 is soldered onto the mainboard and there could be a problem there. 

The Aspire C24-865 AIO can be upgraded to a maximum memory capacity of 16GB ad has 8GB OEM soldered onto the mainboard. Unless you haven’t added any additional RAM to the 1x slot e.g. 1x 8GB then its probably that the 1x 8GB is faulty or the OEM soldered that has might have problem(s). Take your AIO Aspire C24-865 to an Acer service centre and get them to diagnose the problem(s), don’t try and fix it yourself.

• Danielhkyun
    We are using 8×2 = 16 GB of memory in two slots.  Is this problem still need service?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Two short beeps: CMOS damaged. CMOS checksum error or CMOS battery loss occurs.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Danielhkyun
    Do you know how to initialize CMOS? I have tried initializing so I have the same problem I also replaced the battery, but I still have the same problem.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Enter the BIOS then use F9 to reset defaults and F10 to save and exit.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.