Swift SF114 32

PimDijkstraa
PimDijkstraa Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello Acwr community. I don't know what I did : i tried installing Windows on my SSD called (D:Racer). I did this to create more memory. Bit the computer gets stuck in the very begin. Showing only the lighted buttons

L

Answers

• Sumanth
    Sumanth Member Posts: 103 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Have you tried entering the BIOS and choose the SSD as the boot option while boot up?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Does it boot correctly with the external drive unplugged?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PimDijkstraa

Tinkerer

How do i enter the bios?!
  • PimDijkstraa

Tinkerer

Without the ssd it does the same
  • billsey
    Most models let you get into the BIOS by pressing the F2 key, typically clicking it a bunch of times early in the boot gets you in. Once in the BIOS take a look to verify the original drive is still working. Also try doing a reset to defaults for the BIOS (F9) and then save that and try again.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PimDijkstraa

Tinkerer

This is the state it is in and won't come out. Press and holding the power button only let let indicators blink for a second and that it. This laptop is just three weeks old... 
  • PimDijkstraa

Tinkerer

This is the state the laptop won't come out. Pressing and holding the power button only let the led indicators blink for a second and that it. This laptop is just three weeks old...
    Even the ACER logo doesn't appear.

• billsey
    If the Acer logo doesn't appear and you don't get any of the potential diagnostics beeps during POST then it's failing too early to generate any of those indicators. Try a battery reset just to make sure it's not really confused. Disconnect everything including the power with the laptop shut down. Turn it over and find the battery reset pinhole, then press the button using a bent paperclip for 15-30 seconds. Release the button and wait 15-30 minutes and plug the power back in. Wait for the battery full indication and then try to power it back on. If that fixes it just remember the process and do the same if it happens again. The batteries on modern laptops have some 'smarts' inside and they sometimes get confused as to what their stats are. When the stats are far enough out of wack the system thinks the battery is bad and doesn't go into the boot process.