My G3-571 is overheating

Bigboi1353
Bigboi1353 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi this is my first post on here! I own a Predator Helios 300 i7 7700k , 1060 GTX, and 16 gb ram. My laptop's cpu has been seeing really high temperatures and causing a lot of my games to crash. Anyone experience this before or have any advice? I'm relatively new to computers but have basic understanding. Thanks for your time!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,461 Trailblazer
    >>>My laptop's cpu has been seeing really high temperatures>>>

(1) How high?
    (2) How long have you had machine?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Bigboi1353
    I had this machine for 2 years. I suspect it also may have something to do with the fan. 
    Currently with fortnite running the CPU hits 100c and the GPU at 74c
    Thank you JackE, your response is so fast.
  • JackE
    100*C is way too hot. Why do you think the fans?  There are two fans, two heat pipes and two heat sinks. Have you tried repeatedly and alternately vacuuming the air  intake ports and blowing air into the air exhaust ports to help dislodge and remove any dust, debris and hair that might've accumulated on the fans, pipes and heat sinks?   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Bigboi1353
    I tried vacumming it but it seemed like nothing worked. I will be sending it back to acer to fix.
  • JackE
    >>>I had this machine for 2 years. >>>

Unless you purchased an extended warranty beyond the standard one-year warranty, it might be more practical to re-paste the heatsinks to the CPU & GPU yourself or at a local repair shop with a better heat-conductive paste like Kryonaut and ArcticMX4. Other pastes tend to dry out and get brittle under heavy power use after a year or so. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ