Does my gpu need replacing? - Acer predator g3-710

Meero
Meero Member Posts: 6 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Recently, l've been posting questions why my computer keeps randomly shutting down or restarting. Until yesterday, i just flipped my cpu fan cooler 180 and the problem was gone but the next day I opened my pc, started a game and left it to render and get some coffee. When i came back the pc had already crashed again and i tried to start it again, i can hear the mobo and fans starting up but the display wont come on. So i tried to look at what the problem is and i saw like burn marks on my gpu (ill provide a picture). 
Do i need to replace my gpu or is this still repairable? If needs replacing what gpu can you suggest? I own an acer predator g3-710
My specs
Mobo
Acer predator g3-710
GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
PSU
500W Liteon
Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
RAM
2pc 8gb of Samsung M378A1G43DB0-CPB DDR4
HDD
Seagate ST2000DM001-1ER164
Thanks for your time, I appreciate it. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,453 Trailblazer
    edited October 2020
    Yup, that one looks like it's toast. :( You don't need to bump to the latest and greatest though, you can stay within a budget better with an older design and still likely be newer than you are now. Watch the PSU requirements on any cards you look at, you either want to stay under the 500W system power or upgrade the PSU at the same times as your upgrade the GPU.
    Oh, and if you can swing a little more, add a SSD in and switch to booting from it. It'll be a bigger boost to the system performance than anything else you do.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.