Need screw replacement for Acer Spin 1 SP111-34N

Ewel
Ewel Member Posts: 1 New User

One of the 4 screws (near the hinge) on my Spin 1 SP111-34N has come out

What are the specs of the screws and where I could get a replacement?

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Hi @Ewel

Since you are looking for the screws it would be better if you happen to contact Acer customer support. I hope they would be able to help you out of this.

Hope it will help you in some way.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    The cover screws near the hinges are M2x5mm, there are four of them. The screws actually holding the hinges in place inside are M2x4.5mm and there are four of them as well.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • john4bs
    john4bs Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have almost the same problem I noticed a clicking when opening the screen and found that the screw was loose and the cover was moving at the corner beside the hinge. Unfortunately the screw wont tighten and their is a lot of movement depending on the position of the hinge. As I see from the previous post this must be a common problem. What do you suggest to fix this ?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Typically when that starts happening it's due to the screw mount on the case either breaking or stripping out. In either case it's easier to replace or repair the screw mounts with something like a good epoxy than the replace the case half. Build up the area and use a piece of Teflon plumbers tape to sit between the case halves to give a nice flat surface then after it has fully set drill it out for the screw to fit. The screws are self taping usually...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.