3000 P03-620. 6-pin ATX Power connector

Options
Gressex1
Gressex1 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
Hi all. Upgrading my PSU but all ATX supplies come with 24-pin main ATX power connector, whereas my predator has a 6-pin connector (labelled P1), of which only 5 wires are connected. . anyone know the pinout of the 6-pin so I can build a coversion cable? P. S. My predator is the one with front light bars at the bottom, not the top. 

Answers

• Gressex1
    Options

Update: The 6 pin connector I am referring to is item (7) in the this picture:

• Gressex1
    Options
    Update: OK, so  motherboard may be new ATX12VO variety, but without a standard (?) 10 pin main power connector. I say this as the Liteon PSU legend shows ONLY 4 x 12V outputs and the Sata hdd is powered off the motherboard, In fact I suspect the 6-pin connector on the MB, which carries 12V on one side (measured), may be there to power Sata device after f first converting to 5V.  There doesn't seem to be any ATX12VO PSUs greater than my current 500W for sale. 
    The good news is that the pc seems to run the rtx 2080 OK with the stick PSU. E. G. NFS Heat gives the PC a good workout and I had no resets or shutdowns. Concern is that performance is being throttled due to power limit. Forza horizon 4 benchmarks 109fps on ultra. 🙂
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, you have a system that uses one of the new ATX12VO PSUs. There is the six pin you mention and the four pin at #2. They both are 12V...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Gressex1
    Options
    Thanks for the confirmation. I may have to sell the PC on as there seems little point in finding a higher wattage PSU when CPU temp hit 99C the other day within minutes of running a racing sim on dynamic settings!  If I could manually crank up the CPU fan it might help by there is no option on predatorsense app, despite me editing the "feature" file to set cpu=1. 😏
  • billsey
    Options
    PSU size and CPU temperature aren't really related to each other. If you are running hot there are other things to look at. If you are trying to upgrade to a newer GPU that need higher power, then you look at a bigger PSU. 99C is really high though and your machine is new enough it shouldn't be seeing dust buildup on either the fan or in the heatsink. When running correctly extreme activity like that should put the CPU around 93-95C. When you did your upgrades, what did the GPU recommend for PSU?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Gressex1
    Options
    I put in an rtx 2080, for which nvidia recommend a 650w. So I bought a corsair 650w but it has no 6-pin 12v. I was going to knock up a coversion cable but can't be sure of the 6-pin pinout. Besides, it would be inefficient to use a regular PSU and not an ATX12VO.  I did a quick calc on likely power consumption and came out at less than 500w and sure enough the std 500w works - possibly as ATX12VO PSU are supposed to be more efficient than regular multi voltage PSUs. Perhaps i'll try mounting the innards on the wall for better ventilation 😉
  • Gressex1
    Options
    Meant to add that if I set game settings to high rather than dynamic, CPU sits in the low 80's.
  • billsey
    Options
    Did the Corsair say it was an ATX12VO? Those new PSUs are less expensive to manufacture since they only need a single rail since they only need to output 12V. That's why the changed the connectors from the old 24 pin to the new 8 pin and 6 pin.
  • Gressex1
    Options
    Hi billsey, no, the corsair was a regular ATX PSU, purchased before I worked out PC had an ATX12VO PSU. its now been returned. 
    Breaking news....i purchased a CPU cooler upgrade but can't get the ***** motherboard out to fit it! Any ideas where I can find a maintenence manual for the 3000 P03-620 Atx12v version, I.e witH lights at the front bottom and not the front top of the PC?
  • Gressex1
    Options
    Oh wait... Motherboard successfully removed! 
  • 77Diego
    77Diego Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Gressex1 said:
    I put in an rtx 2080, for which nvidia recommend a 650w. So I bought a corsair 650w but it has no 6-pin 12v. I was going to knock up a coversion cable but can't be sure of the 6-pin pinout. Besides, it would be inefficient to use a regular PSU and not an ATX12VO.  I did a quick calc on likely power consumption and came out at less than 500w and sure enough the std 500w works - possibly as ATX12VO PSU are supposed to be more efficient than regular multi voltage PSUs. Perhaps i'll try mounting the innards on the wall for better ventilation 😉

Gressex1 said:
    Oh wait... Motherboard successfully removed! 
    So u bought a 2080 end it didn’t go over 500watts right??
  • Gressex1
    Options
    Well it works. 200W for GPU, 80W CPU, 100 MB, 30W HDD, 20W Fans & RAM? 500W PSU at 80% efficiency? As I say, I suspect CPU and our GPU may be throttling which is why I still want to upgrade the PSU. 
  • KenCHeung
    KenCHeung Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options
    Same issue here wanna upgrade the PSU but can't find any PSU that fits
  • bnssma
    bnssma Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Gressex1 said:

Hi can anyone pls tell me which cable i need to buy to plug it to #7 and #8.It has sata power plug on other side.I had one delivered with pc but i would like to buy one more so i can power more disks.
  • bnssma
    bnssma Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    bnssma said:
    Gressex1 said:

Hi can anyone pls tell me which cable i need to buy to plug it to #7 and #8.It has sata power plug on other side.I had one delivered with pc but i would like to buy one more so i can power more disks.
    bnssma said:
    Gressex1 said:

#8 and #9 sorry for mistake
  • billsey
    Options
    The SATA power cable for the PO3-620 is Acer part number: 50.E1ZD1.002
  • Ribas2210
    Ribas2210 Member Posts: 5 New User
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hi
    There is already ATX12VO PSU in the market!
    High Power as the model HP1
    Models in 500W, 650W and 750W
    Check it out
    (I can confirm where is it sold...)

• Ribas2210
    Ribas2210 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
  • billsey
    Options
    That one looks like it will need an adapter to fit the motherboard. It has a ten pin connector instead of a four and six.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,943 Trailblazer
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Gressex1 said:
    Hi all. Upgrading my PSU but all ATX supplies come with 24-pin main ATX power connector, whereas my predator has a 6-pin connector (labelled P1), of which only 5 wires are connected. . anyone know the pinout of the 6-pin so I can build a coversion cable? P. S. My predator is the one with front light bars at the bottom, not the top. 
    The 6 pin (No: 7 on the mobo diagram) of the "3000 P03-620. 6-pin ATX Power connector" that you have shown is a GPU PSU type plug. There are adaptors like these "30 cm ATX Main 24-Pin to 6-Pin PSU Power Adapter Cable 18AWG for HP Z220 Z230 AU" that you can use as a reducer so that you can adopt the 24pin ATX plug to a  6 pin plug. The 6 pin mobo plug pins are as follows: