Specifications Question XB253Q

Options
Terror
Terror Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
What is the difference between XB253Q Gxbmiiprzx and XB253Q GZBMIIPRZX models? Gx is priced at $379 and has additional connectors (hdmi, usb) while Gz is priced at $429 while only having display and headphone ports. All other specs are listed out as the same. One would assume the GZ might have a native GSYNC module, but they're both listed as GSYNC Compatible. So what gives?

When looking at XB3 overview page a Vesa DisplayHDR 600 logo is displayed, but no individual monitor model within XB3 family is listed as having Vesa DisplayHDR600 certification. One would assume it's XB323U GPbmiiphzx model due to its 600cd/m peak brightness, but the model's specs do not display any DisplayHDR certification at all.

XB273U is listed on NVIDIA website as GSYNC certified, but on Acer Predator website it's listed as GSYNC Compatible. XB273U is also listed twice on Acer website, as GSbmiiprzx UM.HX0AA.S01 and GSbmiiprzx UM.HX0AA.S03 What is the difference between these two part numbers and why is it listed twice?

I currently own an Acer Predator monitor and am happy with its performance so I came here to get another monitor. However I've found it very difficult to compare Acer monitors and to find appropriate specifications on each model. The model naming scheme is not customer friendly and has no legend anywhere I could find. I am now considering buying a different brand of monitor because they have better information available on their models so I am more easily able to compare specs and features.