Random Screen Flicker Glitch NITRO 5 515-54

Options
Spoudel
Spoudel Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
PLEASE PROVDE SOME SOLUTION!!
I bought my ACER NITRO 5 515-54 laptop 20 days ago. After 7 days I saw small flickering or glitch happening on screen on normal use. The half portion of screen tends to slide right side. I ignored it thinking it as problem of windows or graphics driver update. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics driver. The problem seemed to be solved but now it has worsen the flickering is more  often and it is completely gone for next hours. I also tested playing games and there was some screen flickering glitch and again returned to normal. The problem is very random and difficult to diagnose. The supplier told me its motherboard issue and needs to be sent to service center which might take next 3-4 months. I requested the supplier for exchange but refuses to exchange. To be clear I have not even moved my laptop from its place on desk. I am really frustated  by this problem. Not even 20 days of use and the laptop has already started to show the problem. Now I am more skeptical about the quality of laptops produced by acer. 

Note: The problem is not very serious the laptop can be used as normal but I feel like this screen flicker will increase with time an eventually screen or hardware will fail.

Answers

• TonyWenz
    TonyWenz Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    i noticed a flicker on my 515-54. at the time i had just swapped out my ssd, so i'm not sure if it is related. but i did get onto intel driver support. there is a new graphics update. maybe more ram might help?
  • neilmuzik
    neilmuzik Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem with my ACER nito 5. I think this is not a good model