Upgrading SSD in Acer Predator Helios 300 i7 2020 model

HARDIK18
HARDIK18 Member Posts: 23 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I purchased Acer Predator Helios 300 Core i7 10th Gen - (16 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Ti/144 Hz) PH315-53-72SD Gaming Laptop

I want to upgrade SSD I don't have any idea about which SSD should I go for which is supported by my laptop. Please help me.

Answers

• SIVAKRISHNA
    SIVAKRISHNA Member Posts: 5 New User
    Even I have purchased the same model and have the same confusion whether it can be upgradeable to higher SSD capacity or not...
    There is no solid info about this anywhere...
    Even I have purchased the same model and have the same confusion whether it can be upgradeable to higher SSD capacity or not...
    There is no solid info about this anywhere...

• HARDIK18
    That's great. Yeah we can upgrade there are 3 slots for SSD and separate HDD also there as 4th. We can upgrade upto 1 TB SSD in each slot I think. But unsure that what kind of SSD is supported and are good. I am not sure you can upgrade it yourself or not. I recommend go for service center and have a upgrade with SSD so warranty does not get void.
  • HARDIK18
    Did you got it through Flipkart yesterday?
  • SIVAKRISHNA
    Yes, I had ordered it through Flipkart yesterday but yet to be delivered to me (may be tomorrow).

By the way thanks for the info. But are you pretty sure that it has three SSD slots??
    If yes then from where did you get this information?
    Can you please provide any link for this?
  • HARDIK18
    Sure. I will be able to help you with that. I remember I got it through YouTube video. I need to look again in history so I need adequate time. One more important thing where are you from. My delivery is expected 25 October. You say that only 2-3 days so. Can you please provide such help. 
  • HARDIK18
    Hi I got tha same information regarding SSD slots from this YouTube video. He says it has 2 extra slots. But I don't think after seeing on mother board. You can have a look. 

YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/0kU_tCOKi3M

• SIVAKRISHNA
    Thank you for the you tube link. I too found some in youtube but none of them are model specific.

Ya there are two slots for SSD, but the right side slot doesn't have any metal case cover, unlike the left one.

But still it is unclear to me that how much SSD capcity each of the slots have. And also can I replace my 1 TB HDD with a hybrid drive or not?

I am from WestBengal, India.
    Where are you from?
  • HARDIK18
    I am from Haryana. I think we can upgrade upto 1 TB. I think so. Not confirmed.
  • HARDIK18
    I am from Haryana. I think we can upgrade upto 1 TB. I think so. Not confirmed.
  • SIVAKRISHNA
    Got the beast today..
    Just below the keyboard it is written that there are 2 ssd slots.. but the capacity of each slot is still unknown! !
  • invador0007
    invador0007 Member Posts: 134 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Each m.2 SSD slot can support both sata and nvme upto 4GBps link speeds with upto 1TB max in each slot and for HDD bay it can support wide array of disks from sata hdd to sata ssd upto 2tb.
  • It is possible that some other model, which uses the same main board, has a third m2 slot 2280 here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • HARDIK18
    Can be open back cover of Laptop to upgrade SSD? Will it void warranty if I do so? 
  • SIVAKRISHNA
    One more update...it has single 16 gb RAM in one slot..the second slot is still empty..
  • HARDIK18
    Hi @SIVAKRISHNA It's important.

Did you received any hard copy of invoice with you laptop. I didn't received any hard copy invoice in my package.
  • Gogeta
    Gogeta Member Posts: 4 New User
    Are u able to extend your warranty @shopacer.in . I have the same model as your's but I can't extend my warranty as the website says my serial number isn't eligible for warranty extension.
  • HARDIK18
    I received outer sealed broken Laptop inner seal is intact it never used as per battery and memory diagnosis. Seals were also intact with warranty sticker on back panel (chances may have been replaced). I raised concern with Flipkart looking for replacement.