Aspire A315-42 Audio Driver problems

GodlikeCat
GodlikeCat Member Posts: 2 New User
I went ahead and decided to update my audio drivers listed in the Acer website for my laptop (Audio_Realtek_6.0.8971.1_W10x64_A). After installing them everything is fine, but it made my computer EXTREMELY slow when it comes to turning it on. Normally it takes about 10 seconds to boot up, but after I installed these drivers it takes over a minute! I have tried everything, installing drivers from realtek itself (0009-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R282), but my boot-up still takes over a minute and I cannot live like this.

When I uninstall audio drivers from the device manager and reboot the laptop, the boot-up goes back to normal, takes about 5 seconds to turn on.

If the drivers from acer and realtek don't work for me then I'm out of ideas.
Has anyone else encountered these issues?

Answers

• GodlikeCat
    GodlikeCat Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited October 2020
    Ok, so I finally got it back running, it only took me 8 hours of my life. Here's what I did for those suffering of this annoyance:

First, go to Device Manager > Videogame, sound and video devices > Realtek(R) Audio

Right click this, select "update driver" then "Search for devices in my pc", then "Choose from a list of available drivers in my pc" and choose "Realtek High Definition Audio" and then Next. This should fix the issue automatically.

I had other issues but it's too long of a story to type them here. If you need help I can TRY helping you, but for reference, this thread fixed ALL my problems https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/realtek-audio-console-cant-connect-to-rpc-service.254937/
  • sebeldev
    sebeldev Member Posts: 2 New User

i wanna pin this post for the best solution for this problem.

cheers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,222 Trailblazer

What you could also try in Windows11 is to completely remove all Realtek audio drivers with DDU in Safe Mode and reboot Windows11 will install the best audio driver (loud sound volume) for your laptop.