What 60 dollar SSD can I buy for my AN515-44-R99Q Acer nitro 5

DueSladeDueSlade Member Posts: 2 New User
I want to upgrade my internal storage to download more games without having to use a lot of money. I would like to buy a 1 TB SSD and it's just confusing to know which ones are compatible or not. 

FAQ & Answers

• sri369sri369 ACE Posts: 2,009 Pathfinder
    DueSlade said:
    I want to upgrade my internal storage to download more games without having to use a lot of money. I would like to buy a 1 TB SSD and it's just confusing to know which ones are compatible or not. 
    You can do what i do:
    I have a 512 SSD and 1 TB HDD. HDD is for videos and docs n such, so no games.
    512 GB SSD had 120 GB for windows partition, and rest for games.
    I also got myself a 240 GB SSD (Inland Professional SATA 600 SSD) and connected it via USB 3 adapter. Speeds are pretty good, and i can install games directly onto it. You can get an Inland Professional one like this for very cheap. I barely spent over 30 for this. Also, if needed, I could always swap my SSD to the HDD slot and use it within laptop.

Go to microcenter.com and search for below - it is 512 GB and under $50. Put another $10 and a get a USB adapter case for it so you can use it on USB 3 port.
    Inland Professional 512GB 3D TLC NAND SATA 3.0 6.0 GB/s 2.5" Internal SSD

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    I am not an Acer employee.
    Your issue could get better coverage and more answers if posted in forums than in a message to me.

---------
    User benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/30914801

• DueSladeDueSlade Member Posts: 2 New User

sri369 said:
    DueSlade said:
    You can do what i do:
    I have a 512 SSD and 1 TB HDD. HDD is for videos and docs n such, so no games.
    512 GB SSD had 120 GB for windows partition, and rest for games.
    I also got myself a 240 GB SSD (Inland Professional SATA 600 SSD) and connected it via USB 3 adapter. Speeds are pretty good, and i can install games directly onto it. You can get an Inland Professional one like this for very cheap. I barely spent over 30 for this. Also, if needed, I could always swap my SSD to the HDD slot and use it within laptop.

Go to microcenter.com and search for below - it is 512 GB and under $50. Put another $10 and a get a USB adapter case for it so you can use it on USB 3 port.

Do I need to understand all that or can I just buy the Inland Professional 512GB 3D TLC NAND SATA 3.0 6.0 GB/s 2.5" Internal SSD
  • sri369sri369 ACE Posts: 2,009 Pathfinder
    DueSlade said:
    sri369 said:

Do I need to understand all that or can I just buy the Inland Professional 512GB 3D TLC NAND SATA 3.0 6.0 GB/s 2.5" Internal SSD
    Buy the Inland Professional 512GB 3D TLC NAND SATA 3.0 6.0 GB/s 2.5" Internal SSD
    Optional: Put another $10 and a get a USB adapter case for it so you can use it on USB 3 port.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    I am not an Acer employee.
    Your issue could get better coverage and more answers if posted in forums than in a message to me.

---------
    User benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/30914801