What 60 dollar SSD can I buy for my AN515-44-R99Q Acer nitro 5

DueSlade
DueSlade Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I want to upgrade my internal storage to download more games without having to use a lot of money. I would like to buy a 1 TB SSD and it's just confusing to know which ones are compatible or not. 

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    DueSlade said:
    I want to upgrade my internal storage to download more games without having to use a lot of money. I would like to buy a 1 TB SSD and it's just confusing to know which ones are compatible or not. 
    You can do what i do:
    I have a 512 SSD and 1 TB HDD. HDD is for videos and docs n such, so no games.
    512 GB SSD had 120 GB for windows partition, and rest for games.
    I also got myself a 240 GB SSD (Inland Professional SATA 600 SSD) and connected it via USB 3 adapter. Speeds are pretty good, and i can install games directly onto it. You can get an Inland Professional one like this for very cheap. I barely spent over 30 for this. Also, if needed, I could always swap my SSD to the HDD slot and use it within laptop.

Go to microcenter.com and search for below - it is 512 GB and under $50. Put another $10 and a get a USB adapter case for it so you can use it on USB 3 port.
    Inland Professional 512GB 3D TLC NAND SATA 3.0 6.0 GB/s 2.5" Internal SSD

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • DueSlade

sri369 said:
    DueSlade said:
    You can do what i do:
    I have a 512 SSD and 1 TB HDD. HDD is for videos and docs n such, so no games.
    512 GB SSD had 120 GB for windows partition, and rest for games.
    I also got myself a 240 GB SSD (Inland Professional SATA 600 SSD) and connected it via USB 3 adapter. Speeds are pretty good, and i can install games directly onto it. You can get an Inland Professional one like this for very cheap. I barely spent over 30 for this. Also, if needed, I could always swap my SSD to the HDD slot and use it within laptop.

Go to microcenter.com and search for below - it is 512 GB and under $50. Put another $10 and a get a USB adapter case for it so you can use it on USB 3 port.

Do I need to understand all that or can I just buy the Inland Professional 512GB 3D TLC NAND SATA 3.0 6.0 GB/s 2.5" Internal SSD
  • sri369
    DueSlade said:
    sri369 said:

Do I need to understand all that or can I just buy the Inland Professional 512GB 3D TLC NAND SATA 3.0 6.0 GB/s 2.5" Internal SSD
    Buy the Inland Professional 512GB 3D TLC NAND SATA 3.0 6.0 GB/s 2.5" Internal SSD
    Optional: Put another $10 and a get a USB adapter case for it so you can use it on USB 3 port.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • DueSlade
    sri369 said:
    DueSlade said:
    sri369 said:

Buy the Inland Professional 512GB 3D TLC NAND SATA 3.0 6.0 GB/s 2.5" Internal SSD
    Optional: Put another $10 and a get a USB adapter case for it so you can use it on USB 3 port.

Do I need the USB adapter case if I'm going to install it? thanks a lot!
  • sri369
    DueSlade said:
    sri369 said:
    DueSlade said:
    sri369 said:

Do I need the USB adapter case if I'm going to install it? thanks a lot!
    USB adapter case is only to use it connected to USB port. If you are installing in inside your laptop, you wouldn't need the adapter. Remember, this drive goes into SATA slot, not the M.2 slot.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------