touchpad stuck at a point for few secend or minutes . - Nitro AN515-54

Options
raaj
raaj Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
laptop : Nitro AN515-54
Problem : Touchpad is stuck at a point for a few secend or minute and after that it work fine .
What I have tried :
1. I have installed all drivers that available in Acer drivers download section( problem remain same )
2. I have unistall the touchpad and first reinstall the intel I/O driver ( problem is remain same )
3. fresh install window 10 os ( problem is remain same)
4 fresh install kali linux os ( problem is remain same )
when I use external mouse  then it does not stuck and working fine
Now overall I think it is a hardware problem.

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @raaj,
    Good you have done most of the TS. as you said if its struck for few mins it can be freezing of the unit. check the cpu usage of the unit and services, try with clean boot, by disabling the start ups and other serves. 
    >>>Press Win + R to open Run dialog > Type: msconfig and click OK;

Check Hide all Microsoft services under Services tab > Uncheck all other remaining services > OK to save all changes;

Restart Windows > Enable any services individually and reboot PC  

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • raaj

Tinkerer

Options
    christy1 said:
    Hi @raaj,
    Good you have done most of the TS. as you said if its struck for few mins it can be freezing of the unit. check the cpu usage of the unit and services, try with clean boot, by disabling the start ups and other serves. 
    >>>Press Win + R to open Run dialog > Type: msconfig and click OK;

Check Hide all Microsoft services under Services tab > Uncheck all other remaining services > OK to save all changes;

Restart Windows > Enable any services individually and reboot PC  

Christy solution is not working.
  • Simo998
    Simo998 Member Posts: 35 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    I have a similar solution on my brand new 1 day old ACER AN5 15 55 Nitro 5 i7 (10750H). The touchpad of these acers really suck and not only does it feel bad, the touchpad  randomly sometimes pauses then the mouse pointer jitters with erratic movement then back to normal. I read the touchpad was bad but I didn't realize the Acers were this bad. My cheap asus even had better touchpad feel. 
    Anyhow I also updated latest drivers manually from Acer site and updated io drivers before that. The touchpad was better but still there are occasional pauses or jumps in the mouse pointer from one end screne to other . My palm never touches the touchpad btw  so its not my palm.

My temporary solution: I ended up disabling almost all the additional functions in Windows touchpad settings for some improvement and a bit more stability. Removed all two and three and 4 finger gestures and removed everything else.
    and I updated the Synaptic drivers
    also. 
     So it is slightly more stable now but only 90% stable ( compared with Before it was jumping around all over the place. Even during the windows install process I had to use an external mouse. The touchpad was awful then. ) 

Acer really needs to improve its driver QC for new Laptops . I never had these problems with my Asus or Dell.

Acer Nitro 5 AN5-15-55, 16Gb RAM, i7 10750H, GTX1650Ti , 2x nvme drives + 1tb SATA SDD, dual boot 2xdrives Ubuntu 20.10 and Windows 10
  • Simo998
    Options
    i saw on YouTube someone mentioned had to also disable turn on click lock in mouse properties to make it less bad. I cant use anything over medium sensitivity otherwise my nitro touchpad just goes haywire crazy. and like i said i had turn off ALL gestures completely.  this is even with the most update Acer drivers. This is definitely a problem Acer must fix. My touchpad still jumping randomly occasionally. 
     Acer Nitro 5 AN5-15-55, 16Gb RAM, i7 10750H, GTX1650Ti , 2x nvme drives + 1tb SATA SDD, dual boot 2xdrives Ubuntu 20.10 and Windows 10
  • raaj

Tinkerer

Options
    Simo I have changed my touchpad hardware and Now its working fine. So if you laptop is 1 day old . don't Accept this laptop . because this is not a driver issue.
  • raaj

Tinkerer

Options
    for temporary solution . temporary solution is only available for linux os. So I was switched to linux Os. and you need to restart the touchpad driver after every 1 min. .  add this two command in crontab
    "gksudo modprobe -r psmouse"
    "<code>gksudo modprobe psmouse"
    <code>Note : must be run this command every 1 min .
    <code><br>

• Simo998
    Options
    raaj said:
    Simo I have changed my touchpad hardware and Now its working fine. So if you laptop is 1 day old . don't Accept this laptop . because this is not a driver issue.
    thanks raaj. I think I will do that. I am not happy with my brand new Acer Nitro 5. I expected alot more. The build quality, touchpad, speakers and drivers are just poor. I even updated the audio driver because sound was so bad and suddenly no sound. The new drivers from Acer were bad.
    I cant even install upgrade ram myself because there is a stupid sticker says warranty void if sticker removed to open back. 
    Yeah I will just bring to Acer service. Im just disappointed because so many problems with my new Nitro 5 and their customer service center isn't even close.  
    Thanks anyway for info.
  • Simo998
    Options
    raaj said:

raaj said:
    for temporary solution . temporary solution is only available for linux os. So I was switched to linux Os. and you need to restart the touchpad driver after every 1 min. .  add this two command in crontab
    "gksudo modprobe -r psmouse"
    "<code>gksudo modprobe psmouse"
    <code>Note : must be run this command every 1 min .
    <code><br>

tks raaj. Yes My aim was to install Ubuntu, MX or Manjaro Linux after setting up windows first on this drive, but I didnt expect so many issues with brand new Nitro5.
    Side question: I usually run Ubuntu with windows dual booted on another 2nd ssd on my other laptops. So my question is when you installed your linux distro on your Nitro did you have to use nomodeset and/or pci=noaer in grub to get your linux distro setup working in beginning? or all worked out the box?