Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52 AHCI MODE

SolidSnakeFUZSolidSnakeFUZ Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
When i try to switch to AHCI mode in bios and boot my Predator freezes in logo Predator, the only way to get my laptop back is reset the bios. Why i cant put in AHCI mode?

Any suggestion to switch to AHCI mode without freeze my bios?
My bios versio is 1.12.

- HD0 I have ADATA 128 GB m2 Sata nothing installed (want to install linux here with dual boot)
- Hd1 ADATA M2 NVME 512gb with windows 10 installed
- HD2 WD Blue sata 2TB my games installed

FAQ & Answers

• invador0007invador0007 Member Posts: 130 Skilled Fixer
    Drive formatted with RST optane/ premium won't boot on ACHI. To boot OS with ACHI format OS with ACHI enabled first.
  • SolidSnakeFUZSolidSnakeFUZ Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    how can i format the drive with aHCI enable if when i try to put in bios in ahci mode the computer freeze?
  • CCKwongCCKwong Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the same issue. When I enable AHCI mode in BIOS and Install my ADATA SX6000Lite at the same time, my system must freeze in black screen or Logo. 
    Any suggestion for me. Thanks!

Bios version is 1.12

- HD0 Samsung 970 evo plus  2T
    - Hd1 ADATA SX6000Lite 1 T        <issue: like Bios not compatible!
    - HD2 Verbatim SSD 1T
  • SolidSnakeFUZSolidSnakeFUZ Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    cant do anything about that issue :(
  • El_OrmigoEl_Ormigo Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2020
    how can i format the drive with aHCI enable if when i try to put in bios in ahci mode the computer freeze?
    Basically you have to re-install a fresh copy of windows after you switch from raid to achi in the bios. There may be a method of doing the switch by editing registry values without doing a fresh install of windows. But that can be very tricky and if done wrong it can make your drive unbootable. What I would suggest is first make an image backup  of your current drive on an external drive before you do anything in case things go wrong. 
  • @The_OrmigoWrong. It is not necessary to reinstall windows. Do this:
    a) press windows + r, type msconfig, go to system boot, enable safe boot and restart windows.
    b) then, uninstall and delete this driver:

c) then, restart windows, access the bios, go to the main tab, press ctrl + s and change the sata mode to ahci.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Redcap320Redcap320 Member Posts: 1 New User
    @The_OrmigoWrong. It is not necessary to reinstall windows. Do this:
    a) press windows + r, type msconfig, go to system boot, enable safe boot and restart windows.
    b) then, uninstall and delete this driver:

c) then, restart windows, access the bios, go to the main tab, press ctrl + s and change the sata mode to ahci.
    THANKS BRO! THIS METHOD IS WORKING FOR ME. IM USING PREDATOR HELIOS 300 PH315-53-79E7