Acer Aspire C27 All in One PC - brand new - noisy fan

Dubjedi
Dubjedi Member Posts: 37 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
Hi,
I have a new Acer Aspire C27 All in One PC only a week old. The fan seems to be going all the time and gets quite loud. Even when the PC is idle the fan is making a lot of noise. Is there anything I can do about this? Very disappointed as a review I saw about this PC never mentioned the fan is noisy and constant. Thanks.

Answers

• LucidLady
    LucidLady Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just bought the same thing and have the same issue! My other HP PCs haven't made a sound and I've had them for years. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Run one of the utilities that shows the system temperatures. The fan speed should track what the temperature is. If something is causing higher temperatures than normal the fan will run at a higher speed than normal.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BCardoso
    BCardoso Member Posts: 1 New User
    I also bought a C17 - 865 and the fan is continuously working and it's incredibly noisy. the 4 core temp are always around 52 - 60 degrees even when i'm doing nothing more than surfing some sites ( not playing movies or anything very demanding). How can i know what's pushing the CPU and how can i better manage the fan start and acceleration? 
  • Dubjedi said:
    Hi,
    I have a new Acer Aspire C27 All in One PC only a week old. The fan seems to be going all the time and gets quite loud. Even when the PC is idle the fan is making a lot of noise. Is there anything I can do about this? Very disappointed as a review I saw about this PC never mentioned the fan is noisy and constant. Thanks.

Firstly, what are the temp of your room? Where the Aspire C27 is in, as if the environment is hot then the fan will always work to keep the cpu and its integrated gpu UHD Graphics cool. Don’t touch it or open it under any circumstances as these AIO’s need special tools and expertise to be opened otherwise, you will break things and do damage and that will void your warranty. 

These fan problems shouldn’t be happening, get Acer to look at it and fix it, its either an overheating problem, a fan problem and/or the fan sensor must be faulty and triggering the fan to overwork. There are no other solutions to fixing this for your AIO under warranty. Well there is but as your Aspire C27 is new and modding your AIO is not allowed, get the Aspire C27 to an Acer Service centre and get them to fix it.

• Dubjedi
    I managed to find out what the problem was, no thanks to Acer I might add. My fan is no longer on all the time which is great. One day while using it I happened to notice that Windows 10 was doing an automatic update in the background and thought that might be pushing the CPU to a temperature requiring the fan to kick in. I went into Settings and paused Windows 10 Updates for the longest duration (you can’t stop them completely). The fan noise stopped after my next restart to my great relief. Just make a note of the date you pushed out the pause to and manually do System Updates that day and then pause for the longest duration again. Hope that helps.
  • maskham
    maskham Member Posts: 1 New User
    I‘ve had the exact same experience with the C27-962 model, the fan noise is extremly loud and it is permanently running, eventhough when you just started the PC and do nothing. If you move the mouse the fan noise even increases as its going up to the next level. 
    I brought the system back to Acer’s service station where they have checked it, claimed to fix something and run a 24hr test, without any improvement. Their final answer was, the “fan noise is according to the specification” (sic!) and refused a return or exchange of the system...very poor behaviour of the company. 
  • Dubjedi
    Do as I did and I’m sure you’ll see an improvement. One other thing you should check is your Anti-Virus software could be doing a scan in the background. That will definitely get the fan going. If you have Windows 10 you should remove anti virus software and just use Windows Defender which is there by default. Then go into Task Scheduler to set it that it doesn’t run till the CPU is idle for an hour. This will stop it automatically running in the background. You should then manually run a scan every few days when you’re finishing up using your PC and let the fan work away when you won’t care. The fan spins with CPU activity, so the less work put on the CPU the less likely you’ll hear the fan. One last thing, under Settings, Power Management, throttle your CPU down as low as possible to prevent it heating up as often. You won’t notice any performance impact on general PC use.
  • RichieBee1
    RichieBee1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi,
    I have a new Acer Aspire C27 All in One PC only a year old. The fan is quite running all the time and is quite loud, to the point that it distracts the person using a laptop next to me. The makes alot of noise even when it is left idle. I have written to Acer but no response.  I am very dissappointed about as I have been trying for at least 6 months to get a resolve on this. Richard
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Have you tried cleaning the air ports? Have you run any of the temperature monitoring apps to see what temperature you are running at? Fan speed is typically set by the CPU temperature, so a fast noisy fan is a sign it's running a bit hotter than normal.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.