Aspire 3 a315-21 - Unable to start installation from usb stick with win 10

Options
FreakGeek
FreakGeek Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello,
my friend give me to fix his notebook (Aspire 3 a315-21) which was unable to load W10. Automatic repairs doesnt work, reset to factory settings doesnt work as well. And somehow there was two version of W10 on one volume, so propably i can guess its consequence of some failed update. Fix windows boot manager through bootrec also doesnt help.

So i decided to do fresh install from USB stick with Win 10 downloaded via Microsoft media creation tool.
I enabled boot from USB in BIOS and tried USB made by:
1) Microsoft media creation tool
2) Download ISO via Microsoft media creation tool then install to USB via Rufus with GPT + FAT32 for UEFI (UEFI is default setting in BIOS)
3) Download ISO via Microsoft media creation tool then install to USB via Rufus with MBR + NTFS (no option in Rufus for MBR + FAT32, only MBR + NTFS) for Legacy (+active Legacy mode in BIOS)

I tried two copy of ISO, one for 64 bit version a one for both 32bit and 64bit.

So after start i pressed F12 and select boot from USB i got usually Win logo without loading circle then notebook restarted without startint installation.
While i tried version with both 32bit and 64bit version i got selection of which version of Windows 10 i want to install: 64bit, 32bit and diagnostic tool for memory test. I selected W10 64bit then appears "Loading files..." with progress bar. After loading files ended notebook restarted without installation started.

That happen for both UEFI and Legacy settings.

I tried Debian Live ISO which boot without problems and also installation for Debian start without problem as well.

I tried also wiped out all partition with previous corrupted installation of W10, leaving disk without partition created only with raw space (like fresh new disk u got from shop).

I tried again all kind of installation: Legacy, UEFI and i also tried disable secury boot for Legacy version without success. Each time i boot from USB it seems its start preparation for installation, but installation itself never started.

I can only guess there are some missing drivers on W10 USB stick or corrupted HDD (There is no SSD, just one 500GB 2,5" HDD).

Do i need some special Acer W10 ISO ? What to do as next step ?

Best Answer

• FreakGeek
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I figured it out. Microsoft probably cut some drivers in nowadays ISO and its no longer compatible with this notebook.
    I download ISO for 1809 R2 (2018-10) verison via Rufus download tool and it work ;)

Problem solved.

Answers

• FreakGeek
    Options
    I and i also tried disable secury boot for Legacy version
    I and i also tried disable secury boot for UEFI version
  • FreakGeek
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I figured it out. Microsoft probably cut some drivers in nowadays ISO and its no longer compatible with this notebook.
    I download ISO for 1809 R2 (2018-10) verison via Rufus download tool and it work ;)

Problem solved.
  • Jansolutki
    Jansolutki Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 2023
    Options

Thanx so much, two days i was fighting to install Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire 3 A315-21-20BH AMD E2 7TH GEN 4GB DDR4, and thank to you i have Windows 10 installed.

• Jansolutki
    Jansolutki Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Here Is photo of Windows 10 installed and configured