Predator Helios 300 CPU fan not working (0 RPM)

Options
MarceloH
MarceloH Member Posts: 1 New User
I started noticing my computer was heating up while I played COD Warzone. I checked Predator Sense and it shows my GPU fan working properly but my CPU fan is showing 0 RPM. I checked with a flashlight and it is indeed not spinning. Is it a hardware problem that I can fix opening it up or could a software upgrade kick-start the fan again?

Answers

• AngryManXIII
    AngryManXIII Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    almost a year late, but I might have an answer. I had the same issue and this is what I did: I followed a youtube video to open the cooling system of the laptop and then followed this video to open the fan and cleaned it and applied some grease for it to start spinning normally again. My laptop is out of warranty, so I did not worry all that much. You might have to change the thermal paste too because opening the cooling system might kinda unstick the thermal paste that acer guys put.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,986 Trailblazer
    Options
    MarceloH said:
    I started noticing my computer was heating up while I played COD Warzone. I checked Predator Sense and it shows my GPU fan working properly but my CPU fan is showing 0 RPM. I checked with a flashlight and it is indeed not spinning. Is it a hardware problem that I can fix opening it up or could a software upgrade kick-start the fan again?

You would be much better off replacing the fan with a new one as and once these fans break down they will do so again. CPU/GPU fans are not expensive and they will be much cheaper than any repairs that would be needed if your CPU/GPU burn out and damage components and you will need a new motherboard. What I strongly suggest is for you to replace that fan or both fans.