No audio, no touchscreen - Acer One 10 S1002

MuffinBun
MuffinBun Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in Tablets
My laptop is the Acer One 10 (Model Name: Acer One 10 S1002). I do not use Acer One 10 so often since I have another laptop for college coursework, but I open Acer One 10 from time to time. The past weekend, I noticed the version of Windows 10 (that my Acer had) ended support and I could download Windows 10 ver 2004. And that was the beginning of a nightmare. The notorious windows update loop caught my Acer. 

So, I recently did a clean install of Windows 10. While I did end up having my Acer running Windows 10, it must be my great frustration that I may have done a few steps wrong - my Acer lost its touchscreen ability and audio (no audio driver!). I did manage to locate the drivers for my Acer. However, when I tried to install the platform driver for my Acer, an error pop up:

The setup program ended prematurely because of the following error:
"The requested operation failed, A system reboot is required to roll back changes made"  

I'm at my wits' end. I think I may need to do something with my BIOS - is that the correct step to take? I really need some guidance. 

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,896 Trailblazer
    edited October 2020
    MuffinBun said:
    My laptop is the Acer One 10 (Model Name: S1002). I do not use Acer One 10 so often since I have another laptop for college coursework, but I open Acer One 10 from time to time. The past weekend, I noticed the version of Windows 10 (that my Acer had) ended support and I could download Windows 10 ver 2004. And that was the beginning of a nightmare. The notorious windows update loop caught my Acer. 

So, I recently did a clean install of Windows 10. While I did end up having my Acer running Windows 10, it must be my great frustration that I may have done a few steps wrong - my Acer lost its touchscreen ability and audio (no audio driver!). I did manage to locate the drivers for my Acer. However, when I tried to install the platform driver for my Acer, an error pop up:

"The requested operation failed, A system reboot is required to roll back changes made"  

I'm at my wits' end. I think I may need to do something with my BIOS - is that the correct step to take? I really need some guidance. 

Firstly, the One 10- S1002 is a low spec 10.1” laptop and has very low 2GB RAM and 32GB HDD and specs, the Win-10 version 2004 might not be suitable for your One 10- S1002 and that is why you are having problems, as I’ve had a Acer One and its painful to run Win-10 64bit on it or Win-10 latest versions and that is why I’m very dubious that it will run Win-10 version 2004.

Do another install and look at this guide under “Steps in Installing Windows 10 Operating System to Your Laptop” that shows you how to format your HDD and then install Win-10 here: https://wordpress5ef81d18ee4e4.cloud.bunnyroute.com/how-to-format-laptop-and-reinstall-windows-10/ after, install all the Win-10 updates through “Windows Update” and see if version 2004 installs comes up for installation also?

If not, then go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 at “Windows 10 May 2020 Update” and download the tool Update now and let the update tool go through its steps and see if version 2004 installs?

After all the updates are finished, check “Device Manager” if all the drivers are up to date on your One 10 and see if all works, if not, then download the appropriate conflict drivers from the “Acer Support” for the One 10- S1002. You have to do the Win-10 installation in certain steps as doing it otherwise it will cause conflicts especially on a low spec One10-S1002.

• MuffinBun
    StevenGen said:
    MuffinBun said:
    My laptop is the Acer One 10 (Model Name: S1002). I do not use Acer One 10 so often since I have another laptop for college coursework, but I open Acer One 10 from time to time. The past weekend, I noticed the version of Windows 10 (that my Acer had) ended support and I could download Windows 10 ver 2004. And that was the beginning of a nightmare. The notorious windows update loop caught my Acer. 

Firstly, the One 10- S1002 is a low spec 10.1” laptop and has very low 2GB RAM and 32GB HDD and specs, the Win-10 version 2004 might not be suitable for your One 10- S1002 and that is why you are having problems, as I’ve had a Acer One and its painful to run Win-10 64bit on it or Win-10 latest versions and that is why I’m very dubious that it will run Win-10 version 2004.

Do another install and look at this guide under “Steps in Installing Windows 10 Operating System to Your Laptop” that shows you how to format your HDD and then install Win-10 here: https://wordpress5ef81d18ee4e4.cloud.bunnyroute.com/how-to-format-laptop-and-reinstall-windows-10/ after, install all the Win-10 updates through “Windows Update” and see if version 2004 installs comes up for installation also?

If not, then go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 at “Windows 10 May 2020 Update” and download the tool Update now and let the update tool go through its steps and see if version 2004 installs?

After all the updates are finished, check “Device Manager” if all the drivers are up to date on your One 10 and see if all works, if not, then download the appropriate conflict drivers from the “Acer Support” for the One 10- S1002. You have to do the Win-10 installation in certain steps as doing it otherwise it will cause conflicts especially on a low spec One10-S1002.

I need to clarify: My Acer One is currently running the Win-10 version 2004 after I did a clean install. Do you mean I should do another install following the steps on the article?

Yes, Acer One is a low spec laptop. It was really a dumb mistake I made. Had I known all the trouble I went through, I would not have tried to download and install Win-10 version 2004 in the first place. 
  • catalogearth
    catalogearth Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same problem ,,touchscreen and audio
  • MuffinBun
    Hello,

I actually did manage to fix my problem. I found a youtube video: https://youtu.be/_7ibCCDsv30  which provided a link to the missing drivers I needed. For anyone's curiosity, I just use the platform installer that the video showed (no need to do other extra things in the video). I suggest you save a copy of the drivers for future use (in case your laptop needs a reinstall again).

I hope it works for you.    
  • Tibad
    Tibad Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi,
    Same problem here, thx MuffinBun it worked for audio and battery but still no tuchscreen, an windows shows that this screen isnt capable, any taughts? i reinstallt tryed many drivers... nothing
  • Servcsi
    Servcsi Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

MuffinBun said:
    Hello,

I actually did manage to fix my problem. I found a youtube video: https://youtu.be/_7ibCCDsv30  which provided a link to the missing drivers I needed. For anyone's curiosity, I just use the platform installer that the video showed (no need to do other extra things in the video). I suggest you save a copy of the drivers for future use (in case your laptop needs a reinstall again).

I hope it works for you.    
    Worked like a charm for me! Thank you!
    Just to clarify, I have installed the 8.1 version, maybe will try on Windows 10 as well
  • Sugs2014
    Sugs2014 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Shame on Acer for not providing any assistance at all for this machine, Acer One 10 S1002, I put it down to pure indifference. Surprisingly, higher-end machines seem to have no problems getting support. I am positively mystified to learn that secret handshake clubs exist in support hierarchies...  ;) anyhow here's a working fix for the problem outlined in this thread -  Drivers for cheap intel based (Intel Atom Z3735F) tablet with windows – Devops (norris.hu)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Well, after all the 32bit drivers do work, it's only when someone tries to switch to 64bit that things fail. Since the models come with a maximum of 2GB of ram, there's no good reason to install a 64bit OS. That model is something like 5-6 years old, and drivers through Windows update are still being supported. I don't know where the 'indifference' comes in. Eventually Microsoft will drop support for the processor, but that's not liable to happen until some number of years after W11 hits the street.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • bobeva
    bobeva Member Posts: 1 New User
    MuffinBun said:
    StevenGen said:
    MuffinBun said:

If not, then go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 at “Windows 10 May 2020 Update” and download the tool http://apksnetwork.com/sky-force-reloaded-mod-apk/ Update now and let the update tool go through its steps and see if version 2004 installs?

I need to clarify: My Acer One is currently running the Win-10 version 2004 after I did a clean install. Do you mean I should do another install following the steps on the article?

Yes, Acer One is a low spec laptop. It was really a dumb mistake I made. Had I known all the trouble I went through, I would not have tried to download and install Win-10 version 2004 in the first place. 
    nice info thanks
  • Deeptarup1987
    Deeptarup1987 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi @MuffinBun

touch screen and audio stopped working. tried many options..after installing the MRD7 package(not even finished) both the functions started working. Tab is rescued !! thanks a lot bro !! great search !!!!!

This discussion has been closed.