Acer Extensa EX2519-12RH: Bios corrupted

D3v1ne86
D3v1ne86 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2020 in TravelMate and Extensa
Hi to all, I've got an Acer extensa ex2519-12rh with Debian Bullseye and GhostBsd in dual boot with refind bootloader. I did a mistake by choosing "UEFI firmware settings". The screen went black and no sign of life... from what I found in internet, maybe the BIOS got corrupted. I've found guides about forcing a BIOS upgrade by pressing fn+esc. How should I rename the DOM124.fd file in order to start the BIOS update? The model number is N15W4 and the serial is NXEFAET052XXXXXXXXXX. Thanks in advance for the reply

[Thread edited to remove inappropriate or personal content]
[Thread edited title to add the product name]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    If the EFI is corrupted you will still be able to get into the BIOS pages, and the splash screen will still appear. If the CMOS portion of the BIOS is bad you pretty much have to send the system back to Acer for a reflash, since that takes specialized hardware.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • D3v1ne86
    D3v1ne86 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Resolved. Installing debian already. I found some guides on how to reflash BIOS and how to rename it. I won't thank you enough to making me so determined to resolve my problem. I don't want to pay money if I just can resolve it by doing it myself. 
  • Asgrim
    Asgrim Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi!
    I've the same issue as you, but I don't manage to start the Bios Update. Could you tell me how you renamed DOM124.fd in your case ?
  • atrembley
    atrembley Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2022
    Asgrim said:
    Hi!
    I've the same issue as you, but I don't manage to start the Bios Update. Could you tell me how you renamed DOM124.fd in your case ?

Acer Extensa 2519 ( EX2519 ) UEFI BIOS recovery tutorial:

I followed this tutorial, worked like a charm! https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=959201&st=60#entry105908371
    loaded the DominoBA.fd file to USB,
    held (Fn + Esc), pressed power button,
    after power LED started blinking waited for 10 seconds,
    released (Fn + Esc),
    wait about 5 minutes, let the laptop do its thing,
    should restart automatically and BIOS should be restored.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Be aware that link will have to be translated if you aren't fluent in Russian... :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.