Upgrading storage on A715-74G-53YM

TheCobbler
TheCobbler Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi all,

I've been running into storage issues with my laptop, and faintly remember being able to fit a second storage unit into it. Can't find any information on it, before I pry it open. Can anyone tell me whether I would be able to fit a second SSD into my ACER Acer Aspire 7 (A715-74G-53YM)?

Regards,

TheCobbler

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,281 Trailblazer
    Hi all,

I've been running into storage issues with my laptop, and faintly remember being able to fit a second storage unit into it. Can't find any information on it, before I pry it open. Can anyone tell me whether I would be able to fit a second SSD into my ACER Acer Aspire 7 (A715-74G-53YM)?

Regards,

TheCobbler

Your A715-74G-53Y drive form factors are 2.5inch and M.2 Drive Interface: SATA 2.5 inch version or SATA 3 - 6GB/s you can also fit a type 3D NAND M.2 Type 2280 Internal SSD and your A715-74G-53Y can also take max memory of DDR4-32GB and has 2x slots (2 banks of 1) and comes with OEM memory of 16GB removable (btw, see CPUz for your exact OEM RAM specs). Those are the specs of your laptop. Btw, you can find out your max ram through cmd prompt also, see guides on the web.

3D NAND M.2 Type 2280 Internal SSD
  • TheCobbler
    TheCobbler Member Posts: 2 New User
    So does it have one or two SDD/HDD slots?
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    You have 512GB M.2 SSD in your model, you have another slot for M.2 SSD, you can install an M.2 NVMe/SATA SSD up to 1TB in the slot.
    https://www.crucial.in/compatible-upgrade-for/acer/aspire-a715-74g-71ws