Acer Swift 3 sf314-57/sf314-57g

murkyio
murkyio Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I've had this laptop for about a month now, it worked all fine although recently it started to shut down when I placed the lid down. I fixed it by holding the pinhole down with a paper clip for about 5 seconds. Today October 10, 2020 it won't boot up anymore. I charged it, pressed the pinhole for 40 seconds, nothing worked. When I plug my laptop in, I'm able to press the powerbutton and it'll light up as blue or orange for a few seconds then disappear. If anyone could help it'd be grateful!

Answers

• murkyio
    murkyio Member Posts: 5 New User
    murkyio said:
    I've had this laptop for about a month now, it worked all fine although recently it started to shut down when I placed the lid down. I fixed it by holding the pinhole down with a paper clip for about 5 seconds. Today October 10, 2020 it won't boot up anymore. I charged it, pressed the pinhole for 40 seconds, nothing worked. When I plug my laptop in, I'm able to press the powerbutton and it'll light up as blue or orange for a few seconds then disappear. If anyone could help it'd be grateful!
    EDIT: It won't boot up,no screen, just pure black.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    First step is to verify it's actually shut down, not just in a bad sleep state. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to force a full power off. Wait a bit and turn it on. If it comes up you were likely just stuck. If it still won't come on let's look at that battery reset you tried. You should disconnect power and have the machine off. Then press and hold the reset for 15-30 seconds. Release the button and wait 15-30 minutes. Plug the power back in and wait for full battery indication. Finally go ahead and try turning it on. Skipping a step sometimes doesn't let the reset complete...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.