Acer e5 575 aspire-When laptop run with battery power..it stucks..Why?..

Options
Gimshan9
Gimshan9 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have acer e5 575 aspire laptop...My laptop works fine with charger...But when I unplug the charger...Laptop stucks immediately ....But you should know battery shows 100% charge capacity...Is this the end of my battery or any other problem?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Compare design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Gimshan9

Tinkerer

Options
    ok this is it..
  • JackE
    Options
    Well, it's lost more than 40% of its capacity according to the battery monitors. What do you mean by 'stuck' when you pull the plug? Does is shut off? Or the screen freezes? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Gimshan9

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes it freezes...it doesn't shut off...When this happen the keyboard  and the mouse don't function....
    Can this be a problem in battery strength..?...i feel like battery cannot provide enough power for the hard drive or processor
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Can this be a problem in battery strength.>>>

Absolutely. Your description suggests a big voltage drop after pulling the plug. You might be able to test this by closing all programs except maybe notepad to test the keyboard,  unplug all usb or  other external devices, reducing screen brightness to a very low level, and then pulling the plug to see if freezing may be delayed a bit. New as16a5k batteries are quite common and inexpensive. Aliexpress might be cheaper than regional sellers but usually about 5000slrs.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Gimshan9

Tinkerer

Options
    Ok...i will check this...thanks for ur support..i appreciate it.