Problems with Acer Swift 3 Core i5 8th Gen - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) SF313-51 laptop.

LensFlare
LensFlare Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have been facing some issues recently, in the beginning, I used to get a battery backup of almost a day(almost 9-10.5 hours) but not it has significantly reduced to like 3 hours sometimes even less than that, plus if I put the laptop on sleep mode the battery drains out after some time even if the laptop was fully charged. There is also the problem of overheating, the laptop gets hot even if I am doing some basic tasks after like 15 min. Also, the design of the hinge of this laptop is straight out bad and the screen which is attached to the hinge came off slightly on the right side(which I am okay with as of now but I doubt that the hinge will withstand). But the battery and heating problem is really bothering me. Please help. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Try a Windows battery recalibration or three... Turn it on, disconnect power and wait for Windows to shut down due to low battery (you might have to keep using it during that time or disable sleep modes so it doesn't go to sleep). Plug power in and wait for the full charge indicator, then turn it on. Repeat that a few times, each time it should get a little better at figuring out how much battery is really left.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.