GPU Fan speed always at maximum and can't be controlled through NitroSense (Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51)

FizhArk
FizhArk Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Maybe someone has experienced this and can help me solve this strange problem
How come my GPU fan speed can't be adjusted huh? At the same time, the fans are always spinning at maximum speed, even though last week it was still normal, this incident started on Friday last week where my GPU fan stopped completely, it couldn't spin at all, I have done it as if it was cleaned, tinkered with the software until i reinstalled NitroSense repeatedly. it still couldn't spining, finally I gave up and took the laptop to service center to be repaired, my feeling was that the inner fan was dusty or broken.Well when I finished the service and did a check in SC right away when I picked it up, at first the new fan didn't turn around but it didn't take long to turn around at a slightly faster than to maximum speed, curious to test the old fan that was thought to be broken, it turns out that it spinning too, but the speed of my GPU fan does always at the maximum rpm speed and can't be controlled even with the custom option, now because this laptop is really necessary to work on my college assignments I finally brought it to home. Until now it's still spinning at maximum speed

I just hoping to post this problem in here can help me to fix this

Answers

• What happens when you reset the battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Contact Acer support and ask them why thermal fan control and force PWM  are disabled in BIOS and why those usefull options are hidden from you.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• FizhArk
    What happens when you reset the battery?

What happens when you reset the battery?
    Already tried that method, but still didn't fix the problem
  • FizhArk
    batmalin said:
    Contact Acer support and ask them why thermal fan control and force PWM  are disabled in BIOS and why those usefull options are hidden from you.
    Ok i will try to this, thanks for the suggestion
  • Does the same problem occur when updating the bios to version 1.22?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • FizhArk
    Does the same problem occur when updating the bios to version 1.22?
    Sorry for the late respond. yes i already updated the bios to v1.22 but the fan problem still happened
  • FizhArk
    This problem still happening, i still didn't knew how to solve this one
  • Have you checked the temperature with the hwmonitor? Are there any services or programs in the background that are demanding more performance from the processor or graphics card?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer