Best stylus for Spin 15?

Options
Meg2324
Meg2324 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I can't seem to find solid information on what is the best stylus for my spin 15. I purchased one off Amazon called the Zspeed and it is capacitive and I do not like it. It lags and skips. I want to find something with a soft tip that is not metal and that will not lag, which appears to happen no matter how slow and cautious I am with the one I have. Is there any that exist that would even have pressure sensitivity and palm rejection?  Or is that not an option for the Spin 15?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Not with your model. Those active styluses require a different kind of digitizer that is more expensive, so they charge more for systems that have it installed. I don't think they've offered that at all with the CP315 model line. Look for Acer models with an N in the model number like CP511-1HN.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Options
    It depends on which Spin 15 you have. There should be a model number on the bottom that looks like SP5-xxx-xxxx. How well does your finger work as a stylus?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Meg2324
    Options
    Model number is CP315-1H-P3F5. My finger works good.
  • billsey
    Options
    OK, that model doesn't have the right digitzer for an active stylus, so what you want to look for is any of them that have the fat rubber tip rather than the sharp plastic tip. Any decent one should work as well as your finger does and I don't think I've ever seen one that doesn't. I wonder if you just got a bad one... BTW, none will do pressure sensitivity, you need active to handle that.
  • Meg2324
    Options
    Unfortuntately I don't like the ones that have a fat rubber tip  :/  Is there any option for the small plstic tip ones at all?
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Not with your model. Those active styluses require a different kind of digitizer that is more expensive, so they charge more for systems that have it installed. I don't think they've offered that at all with the CP315 model line. Look for Acer models with an N in the model number like CP511-1HN.