Can someone help me? My CD ROM drive won't open!

tlord413
tlord413 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Last night my disc drive was making a sound as if it was reading a disc and today there's no longer sound, but now it won't open. Mine is the Acer Aspire Desktop, 7th Gen Intel Core i5-7400, 12GB DDR. I have not used the drive more than a handful of times, when I first hooked it up nearly three years ago, so I know it couldn't have worn out. I don't know what to do!

Answers

• tlord413 said:
    Last night my disc drive was making a sound as if it was reading a disc and today there's no longer sound, but now it won't open. Mine is the Acer Aspire Desktop, 7th Gen Intel Core i5-7400, 12GB DDR. I have not used the drive more than a handful of times, when I first hooked it up nearly three years ago, so I know it couldn't have worn out. I don't know what to do!

Take it out and clean its components from dust and corrosion that is blocking its mechanical working components. A CD/DVD drive has to be used its like a car, if you don’t use it then it just ceases, especially if its installed in a desktop that is positioned in affixed position and for a long time.

• Saabsister
    Saabsister Member Posts: 1 New User
    Relatively new ACER desktop, disk drive makes noise like its trying to open but doesn't. Help!