Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-53-72XD Boot logo customization

Options
KibaAndAkmaru
KibaAndAkmaru Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2020 in Predator Laptops
  • So i have the above acer predator in predator sense it gives me a option in the top right to put a image for a custom boot logo i have tried a few pictures even with the picture aspect ratio it says it can  do and i still can't get to work any help would be amazing 

Answers

• RafiSnappy
    RafiSnappy Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited October 2020
    Options
    I have the same problem! I wonder if the problem is when you press apply.. it grays out and ends up never applying even though in the preview it shows it is. (`_´)ゞ 
    Iiii ammmmm angyyyヽ(#`Д´)ノ 

I was so happy when I saw this option! Now I just feel so bummed out lol.

This New 2070 helios 300 is awesome btw absolutely loving it. I feel like Predator Sense needs an update to fix that bug.
  • RafiSnappy

Tinkerer

edited October 2020
    Options
    UPDATE:
    I just realized that fast Boot could be the reason!
    So, I went ahead to do that. The BIOS (Smash F2 on start up --> Advance Settings (F1)--> Main--> Scroll down) looks badass on this one! Then I saw this "Post Animation & Sound" It means it will make the boot up sound and  will animate custom gifs/ show custom boot logo/pic. If it's turned on, go ahead do the classic "on and off" trick and do the same with Fast Boot too. Apparently, It works with fast boot.
    Voila! Enjoy your custom Boot Logo! :D

• KibaAndAkmaru
    Options
    that's amazing you got it to work i tried the toggle it off and on then just turn it off  restart toggle back to on and it still will not work for me maybe i need a update or something but its awesome to see that it dose work 
  • KibaAndAkmaru
    Options
    well shoot i tried a gif and it works  <3
  • ダージリン様
    ダージリン様 Member Posts: 88 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    i dont have this option in my helios 300 2020, even after reinstalling predator sense
  • RafiSnappy

Tinkerer

Options
    i dont have this option in my helios 300 2020, even after reinstalling predator sense
    Mind posting a screenshot of your predator sense? and Full details about your laptop? I wonder if it only works for some series.
  • BATHALA_
    BATHALA_ Member Posts: 24 Networker
    Options

Is there also a way to change the boot sound? that'd be epic if we could also change that. imagine the endless possibilities with memes.
  • ダージリン様
    ダージリン様 Member Posts: 88 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Mind posting a screenshot of your predator sense? and Full details about your laptop? I wonder if it only works for some series.
    mine is PH315-53 (Helios 300 2020)
    im using predator sense version 3138 (the latest one)
  • iNF3RN0
    iNF3RN0 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    UPDATE:
    So, I went ahead to do that. The BIOS (Smash F2 on start up --> Advance Settings (F1)--> Main--> Scroll down) looks badass on this one! Then I saw this "Post Animation & Sound" It means it will make the boot up sound and  will animate custom gifs/ show custom boot logo/pic. If it's turned on, go ahead do the classic "on and off" trick and do the same with Fast Boot too. Apparently, It works with fast boot.

I did all that but still I am unable to see the custom boot screen, I have PH315-53 (Helios 300 2020), I tried enable / disabled fastboot and post animation and sound option but still no luck :S

• iNF3RN0
    iNF3RN0 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    iNF3RN0 said:
    UPDATE:

I did all that but still I am unable to see the custom boot screen, I have PH315-53 (Helios 300 2020), I tried enable / disabled fastboot and post animation and sound option but still no luck :S

Update: I tried the GIF image and it worked like a charm :) so I guess only GIF image can be used for the custom boot logo instead of a JPG
  • MrNik9
    MrNik9 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Boot Logo Customization Button/Option doesn't seem to be available for some reason. It was accessible when I bought the Laptop, few days back I had my windows re-installed and now I don't see the option even after installing the latest Predator Sense app from Acer Support website.
  • RafiSnappy

Tinkerer

Options
    MrNik9 said:
    Boot Logo Customization Button/Option doesn't seem to be available for some reason. It was accessible when I bought the Laptop, few days back I had my windows re-installed and now I don't see the option even after installing the latest Predator Sense app from Acer Support website.
    I am in the same boat with you now. Wish I knew which version it was actually from when came out of factory. Cuz it's definitely not for that laptop model.
  • Error838
    Error838 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    MrNik9 said:
    I am in the same boat with you now. Wish I knew which version it was actually from when came out of factory. Cuz it's definitely not for that laptop model.
    Were you able to find a fix for this?
  • Broe7788
    Broe7788 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hey a little late but I did figure out the issue when it came to my system. I had added a couple drives that had boot images still being readable on them. I correctly wiped the boot partition from both extra drives and the option popped back up in PredatorSense. It should definitely be resolvable if you go into your bios and see more than one "windows boot manager" in your boot priority list.
  • Vernnon
    Vernnon Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    For all those peoples that having this issue, i managed to resolve it. After testing and formating my laptop abou 15 times follow the steps:

1 - Format the machine by deleting all partitions (EFI, system, recovery etc) and let windows create the partitions again for a clean installation. If you don't want to format, skip to step 2.

2 - Open CMD (command) as Admin and run the following commands (Right-click on it and "Run as Administrator"):

C:\Windows\system32>diskpart

Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.22000.1

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.On computer: WTFPREDATOR

DISKPART> select disk 0 Disk 0 is now the selected disk.
    DISKPART> select partition 1 Partition 1 is now the selected partition.
    DISKPART> assign letter=b DiskPart successfully assigned the drive letter or mount point.
    DISKPART> exit

Leaving DiskPart...

C:\Windows\system32>

3 - Download the explorer++ program from https://explorerplusplus.com/software/explorer++_1.3.5_x64.zip, here I used version 1.3.5_x64. Run it as ADMIN (Right click on it and click on "Run as Administrator");

4 - Locate drive B on the left inside the application and click on properties, and on the "General" tab put the drive name as ESP and click OK;

5 - Expand drive B >> EFI and inside the EFI folder and create a folder called OEM;

6 - Close everything and restart, here I didn't need to reinstall Predator Sense but it may be necessary.

NOTE: Predator sense that supports boot logo change is from version 3.00.3146.

Hope this help!
  • mango_the
    mango_the Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hope this isn't too late of a reply, I followed the instructions on the step above and it still doesn't seem to work. After following the instructions and changing the registry value to 1 of Customize_POST_Support in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\PredatorSense (someone posted instructions about this in a different thread and claimed it worked for them) the custom boot image still doesn't seem to show. However, the option for it in PredatorSense now shows up, with my custom image in the popup.

I made sure the image was a .gif and the POST animation & sound option setting is turned on in the BIOS, still no luck. Something else I noticed is the ESP (B:) partition created from the instructions is now gone as well.

Am I out of luck or is there another solution?

• Kousei
    Kousei Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options

I FINALLY FOUND THE 100% WORKING INSTALLATION FOR CUSTOM BOOT ANIMATION FOR PREDATOR SENSE

1. FIRST MAKE SURE IN THE BOOT MENU YOU ENABLE POST ANIMATION AND SOUND

2. INSTALL PREDATOR SENSE FROM THE SUPPORT PAGE OF YOUR DEVICE

3. RENAME YOUR WINDOWS INSTALLED DRIVE AS EFI

ex:

4. Change the registry value to 1 of Customize_POST_Support in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\PredatorSense

4. Open CMD (command) as Admin and run the following commands (Right-click on it and "Run as Administrator"):

C:\Windows\system32>diskpart

Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.22000.1

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.On computer: WTFPREDATOR

(HERE SELECT THE DISK WHICH HAS YOUR WINDOWS RECOVERY INSTALLED, HERE IN MY CASE IT IS DISK 1)

DISKPART> select disk 1

Disk 1 is now the selected disk.

DISKPART> select partition 1

Partition 1 is now the selected partition.

DISKPART> assign letter=b

DiskPart successfully assigned the drive letter or mount point.

5. Download the explorer++ program from https://explorerplusplus.com/software/explorer++_1.3.5_x64.zip, here I used version 1.3.5_x64. Run it as ADMIN (Right click on it and click on "Run as Administrator");

6. Locate drive B on the left inside the application and click on properties, and on the "General" tab put the drive name as ESP and click OK;

7. Expand drive B >> EFI and inside the EFI folder and create a folder called OEM;

8. Close everything and restart