Battery Drainage 1% Per Minute In Linux Environment - Acer AN515-42

Akash710
Akash710 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2020 in Linux
Hi, I have Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 (AMD Ryzen 5 2500u + Radeon RX560X).
I am getting high battery drainage in ubuntu 20.04. I have even tried using TLP and Powertop, but efforts nonetheless. There are also many ACPI Issues during boot up.
Issues I am getting during boot up are listed below, please help for both battery consumption and ACPI Issues that are arising due to buggy BIOS.
I tried turning ACPI off by using flag pci="noacpi" but after BIOS 1.18 update, it is running fine without it, but errors still persist

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• puli
    puli Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon

what is the nitro kernel? It specifically says it is a root-kit and it is trying to give itself root privilege? That sounds suspicious… Usually root kits are malicious software trying to take control of your computer to get sensitive information or lock your computer and force you to pay money to have it unlocked. Can you just uninstall or disable the "nitro" package or the "rtkit-daemon" ?

As for your battery drain issues, have you installed the proper graphics drivers? it is possible your graphics card is not sleeping properly and always being used instead of your integrated graphics