How to know if your retailer has sold you a second hand laptop claiming it to be first hand?

If anyone could please help me out I will be ever grateful!
I bought my  Acer Swift-3 laptop 3 months ago and it's mother board is already damaged!
I contacted the acer care service and they sent a technician, I found out from him that the installation date of my laptop was 7 months back i.e., on 11/12/2019 and I bought it on 13/06/2020,
Is it possible should not the installation date of brand new laptop be on the date of purchase?
And is there anyway to know if it was sold to someone else before me?
Please help me out!

FAQ & Answers

• Acer-SamuelAcer-Samuel Moderator Posts: 352 Moderator
    If anyone could please help me out I will be ever grateful!
    I bought my  Acer Swift-3 laptop 3 months ago and it's mother board is already damaged!
    I contacted the acer care service and they sent a technician, I found out from him that the installation date of my laptop was 7 months back i.e., on 11/12/2019 and I bought it on 13/06/2020,
    Is it possible should not the installation date of brand new laptop be on the date of purchase?
    And is there anyway to know if it was sold to someone else before me?
    Please help me out!
    I would suggest you to contact the place of purchase to check if its resold (Refurbished) unit.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online1.8K

ahfonj
ahfonj
BlackRabbit
BlackRabbit
Cmpleto_Italiano
Cmpleto_Italiano
CybertCorpuz
CybertCorpuz
Decia
Decia
DiegoCabeza
DiegoCabeza
DiveGamer
DiveGamer
easypointsxx
easypointsxx
Fergarcia21
Fergarcia21
Froxizzle
Froxizzle
FVilar
FVilar
janken
janken
LUANXCX
LUANXCX
morrison8996
morrison8996
ralppp
ralppp
RaulAlvarez
RaulAlvarez
StevenGen
StevenGen
ttttt
ttttt
YoshidabRomani
YoshidabRomani
Zea
Zea
+1.8K Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Announcements

Put your skills and not your eyesight to the test with the Nitro XV2's protective VisionCare technology. Be the best: https://acer.co/34PnwIA

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer

Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos

Member Highlight

We want to recognize GAMING6698's dedicated efforts in the Acer Community. GAMING6698 has become one of the main collaborators since joining the Community in November of 2019.
On behalf of all our users and the Acer Team, we thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 4167

Total Points:7497

Total Accepted Answers: 374