Acer Care Center frequently turns off Battery Charge Limit by itself AN515-44-R99Q 2020

Meatlord
Meatlord Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2020 in Nitro Gaming
Hi! I have got an Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop for a week now, I have been using Acer Care Center's Battery Charge Limit for 3-4 days to constantly use it plugged at 80% level. I have noticed that at the mornings, the feature somehow turns off by itself and I will have to manually go and set the limit everytime, is there anyway that I could make the limit feature on by default?

Model Number: AN515-44-R99Q 2020

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• VARMA5
    VARMA5 Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited December 2020
    The same problem with my laptop as well, but nobody knows the solution here it seems.
  • R0H1TH
    R0H1TH Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have the same problem with my Acer Nitro 5, I tried many things but still didn't work out. Need some devs to answer this. Also if you want to keep your laptop real cool while gaming set max CPU frequency to 99% in the power options(Create a new plan). I just get 5fps drop but really cool thermals. This method is really safer to use than under-volting CPU.
  • fallsda53
    fallsda53 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same problem: Aspire A515-44 laptop purchased new 2 months ago, in use 1 month.
  • dealtalfa
    dealtalfa Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same problem started in my NItro 5 AN515-55-58EB recently.This all started after I updated by bios (2021/09/29).Earlier it was workin excellent but not any longer :(
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    dealtalfa,

# Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.

5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • nomascus
    nomascus Member Posts: 1 New User

Problem still exists in October 2022

• Damooch
    Damooch Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Agreed. Problem still exists. I've given up hope for a solution 😒

• IcyPrince
    IcyPrince Member Posts: 1 New User

I think this might fix it:

Go to Start Menu or Search for "Quick Access"

There's should be an option called Power Off USB Charging. Toggle that off. Now that should stop Care Center from turning off the Battery Charge Limit. Hope this helps.

• Damooch
    Damooch Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

The option to use battery limiter has just disappeared completely from my care center options 🙄 Such an awful app.