Do all Predator Helios 300 laptops come undervolted out of the box?

Options
ewegs97
ewegs97 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I recently purchased a Helios 300 laptop (i7-10750H, RTX 2060 6GB) and I've been running at pretty high temperatures while playing games (80-85C, occasionally with spikes above 90) so I started looking into solutions to help decrease temperature, specifically undervolting.  I installed CPUID HWMonitor and it says that there is no voltage offset for my CPU, which is confusing to me because I thought all Helios 300's came undervolted out of the box.  Is this not the case?  I don't want to undervolt my CPU more if it is already undervolted by default but isn't showing up in HWMonitor for some reason.

Answers

• invador0007
    invador0007 Member Posts: 134 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Predator laptops comes undervolted (-125mv) and if it's not showing in HWMonitor then it is not undervolted, probably predator sense app is at fault, try reinstalling it or try restoring power plan in control panel with balanced mode. Another weird thing is performing a clean windows install causes this also and restores under volt automatically after few restarts or shutdown cycles.
    Even if that doesn't work and you are comfortable with ThrottleStop try using that or you can also try reinstalling windows that will probably restores the undervolt(in mine case it did) but then I started using ThrottleStop that is a better alternative with zero downside.
  • whoareuu
    whoareuu Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I have the same helios 300 2020 model as you, and i don't think it is undervolt out of the box. If you want to do it, just use throtlestop or XTU.
  • whoareuu
    whoareuu Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I just find you can modify the predator sense to make it change undervolt profile from different mode. 
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/561500/i-modified-predator-sense-works-on-any-predator-system
  • lahal003
    lahal003 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I also have the Predator Helios 300 2020 model. I think the 10th Gen Intel Processors are locked for undervolting. There's no undervolt out of the box😓😓.
  • FakeFire
    FakeFire Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    if u want to decrease the CPU temperatures u have to undervolted the CPU. 
    download QuickCPU program and then press Speed Shift put the minimum 2.60 and the maximum  like 4.2 or 4.1 as u want then press apply.. 
    then open your games..