I have a Predator P03 - 600 with slow boot

Rickydean
Rickydean Member Posts: 7 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
My pc takes just under a minute to boot.  It has the latest bios and 64gb ram  , looking at the bios there is  no fastboot option and the boot is from windows boot manager, there is no options for SSD i assume the boot manager is on the SSD.   Any ideas to speed it up. 

Answers

• Rickydean
    ps. i have edited the start up for programmes not needed at boot
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Which PO3-600 model do you have? Is it booting from a HDD or a SSD?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Rickydean
    I have the latest bios and C is the SDD
  • zinoub
    zinoub Member Posts: 1 New User
    Rickydean said:
    My pc takes just under a minute to boot.  It has the latest bios and 64gb ram  , looking at the bios there is  no fastboot option and the boot is from windows boot manager, there is no options for SSD i assume the boot manager is on the SSD.   Any ideas to speed it up. 
    Under 1 min is not bad!
    Can you measure the boot time? From the power up to the windows logon screen.
  • billsey
    It looks like you have your system setup with a 256GB SSD, a 2TB HDD and a 10TB HDD. Is the last one external? If so try disconnecting it and timing a reboot then reconnect and timing it again. The OS might be trying to read a search cache from the drive, and that might be slow...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Rickydean
    Billsey your right it is halved without the drive plugged in around 29 seconds.  I removed external device from the boot order on bios but it is still slowing it down. i also tried better performance in the policies of the cache still no joy.  Any ideas?

• Rickydean
    trying a defrag as this is a backup drive for my SSD HDD and nas server.

• billsey
    How is the drive connected? USB? IS it 2.0, 3.0 or 3.1? Does it support eSATA? Maybe an x1 eSATA card would help... Or just not shutting down as often. :)