low fps on nitro 7 i5 1660ti

sagisandeep
sagisandeep Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
i have nitro 7 i5 and 1660ti 8gb ram.i keep getting fps drop in warzone .my ingame fps in warzone is 40 while playing i have tried lowering game settings etc but it still doesnt run smoothly please suggest me what can i do to raise the fps.please help @GAMING6698

Answers

• Hahaha
    Hahaha Member Posts: 243 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited September 2020
    I believe the minimum requirement for that game is a 1660 and 8GB memory. You barely made it. The system requirements you find online are meant for desktop users. You must understand that a laptop cannot keep up with that in performance even though it uses chips bearing the same name. 
    For a setup that only passed the minimal grade, you cannot expect it to run buttery smooth. Stuttering is to be expected. 
    However you should be getting 60 fps most of the time, instead of 40. For starters, make sure that the frame rate is not locked to 40. Most games only have lock at 30 and 60, so this kind of thing can be overlooked. Check this right away.
  • sagisandeep
    edited September 2020
    Hahaha said:
    I believe the minimum requirement for that game is a 1660 and 8GB memory. You barely made it. The system requirements you find online are meant for desktop users. You must understand that a laptop cannot keep up with that in performance even though it uses chips bearing the same name. 
    For a setup that only passed the minimal grade, you cannot expect it to run buttery smooth. Stuttering is to be expected. 
    However you should be getting 60 fps most of the time, instead of 40. For starters, make sure that the frame rate is not locked to 40. Most games only have lock at 30 and 60, so this kind of thing can be overlooked. Check this right away.
    i checked, there is no framerate lock .i m still getting an average 35-40 fps
  • sagisandeep
    edited September 2020
    i cheacked for framerate lock,there are none. but i m still getting on average 35-40 fps @Hahaha
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,073 Pathfinder
    edited September 2020
    @sagisandeep
    Check if your GPU/CPU temperature going above 90°C or near?
    If not then 
    Follow this guide completely→
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/612495/windows-10-optimization-guide-for-gaming
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566