Keyboard insensitivity and mis-seated keys AN515-54

Savarha
Savarha Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I just got my acer nitro 5 today, AN515-54. Even turning the keyboard sensitivity settings up as high as possible, I can't type a single sentence without a key being missed. I understand the WASD being less sensitive, but I feel like all of them being insensitive is not normal. And really, I think none of them should be this insensitive. Also, the W key is no seated correctly, it's sort of placed at an angle - it has to be pressed in just the right spot for it to register. And the 6 and 7 keys make a different noise when I click them, as well, and stick a little. 

Answers

• Hahaha
    Hahaha Member Posts: 243 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Are you sure you did not spill liquids on it? Excessive dust can do this too. 
    If neither, then send it for repairs under warranty. Possible that you got a defective piece.
  • Savarha
    Savarha Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hahaha said:
    Are you sure you did not spill liquids on it? Excessive dust can do this too. 
    If neither, then send it for repairs under warranty. Possible that you got a defective piece.
    Yeah definitely did not spill anything on since I'd literally just opened the box yesterday, haha! Sending it back today, just got the address/shipping info. 
  • Hahaha
    Hahaha Member Posts: 243 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited September 2020
    Oh. Well if you are under warranty then that is certainly the best thing to do.