Can i replace the normal keyboard in Acer Travelmate P2510-G2-MG with a backlit one?

Aayushman
Aayushman Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
It has a non-backlit keyboard and I want to install a backlit one as its difficult to use during night

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    There is a matrix of 2 x 3 x 2 motherboards for your Travelmate, 0GB & 4GB installed, 8130U/8250U/8550U processors, and discrete or unified graphics. I don't see any indication there's a difference based on keyboard back light. So ... I would expect if you put one of the backlit keyboards on it would work. Note that the keyboard and top case come as one units and replacing that requires pulling pretty much everything off.
    There is also a matrix of keyboards, Non Back-light without NFC, Non Back-light with NFC, Back-light without NFC, and Back-light with NFC. And that's in about every language you can imagine. :) Which would you like me to look up the part number for?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Aayushman
    Aayushman Member Posts: 2 New User
    My laptop has 8550U processor and Nvidia 130mx graphics  card. I really dont know the difference  between a backlight keyboard with  NFC and without NFC..I looked up on google but didnt find any proper answer..can u please  explain it to me..
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    NFC (Near Field Communication) is a technology that allows devices to share data over a very short distance. It's typically used for something like phone to phone sharing or credit card to card reader. One reason you might have it in a keyboard would be to have a device type in data, such as a bar code reader maybe. For most people it doesn't really make a difference.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.