Aspire 3 A311-31 wont turn on

Armia
Armia Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi! I just wanna ask about my problem with my acer aspire 3 A311-31. I bought it last May, 2019. It works well for about year and suddenly it wont turn on. I used it monday (sept 21,2020) and on the next day it wont turn on but the charging is okay like its still working but when i press the power button it wont turn on. What should I do? Please help me. I really need it in my online class :( thank you!

Answers

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Armia said:
    Hi! I just wanna ask about my problem with my acer aspire 3 A311-31. I bought it last May, 2019. It works well for about year and suddenly it wont turn on. I used it monday (sept 21,2020) and on the next day it wont turn on but the charging is okay like its still working but when i press the power button it wont turn on. What should I do? Please help me. I really need it in my online class :( thank you!
    Try battery reset and test the device 

Unplug all the cables, flip the device upside down. Look for tiny pinhole with battery icon next to it. Use a suitable tool and insert into this pinhole. then hold it for 30 sec.

Post this test the device
  • Does your model have this button?
    Problema na bateria Nitro 5 AN515-51-52BF  Acer Community
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Armia

Tinkerer

@acer samuel i tried to reset my battery already but nothing happened.
  • Armia

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho hi! I dont know but if it does, what will i do next? 😊
  • Sembatya6
    Sembatya6 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Please help me. My aspire 3, wont turn on but its charging. I try to remove the battery and press and hold the button for 1minute and plug my battery then press power button, it wont work. how can i power on my aspire 3. Please help me.
  • Sembatya6
    Sembatya6 said:
    Please help me. My aspire 3, wont turn on but its charging. I try to remove the battery and press and hold the button for 1minute and plug my battery then press power button, it wont work. how can i power on my aspire 3. Please help me.
    I bought in October 2017. It started misbehaving in March 2020. I really need your help 
  • Sembatya6
  • daway
    daway Member Posts: 2 New User
    do you have lights on on side panel ? do you have a power cord does it boot with power cord if so check battery, if you reboot Windows three times should go in to safe mode or if you have access to another computer  Create Windows 10 installation media at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 to a USB drive pick another computer in box, start your machine with USB plugged in, is latest version but has chooses of install or repair, pick repair & it goes to safe mode, do with power cord not battery https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options#section2   is a web pages to look at on another computer
  • @Armia Did you check the button next to ram?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • 3moonz
    3moonz Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

I got the same ***** problem, and so many including me have reported the same thing with no response from Acer. The same solutions are offered but no one ever says the solved it. Consider finding out how to replace the mobo or kb or pay a professional, that's where I'm at months later.
  • MSmitty
    MSmitty Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have had the same problem. If the computer shuts down, it won't restart. I have to hold the "on" button for 20 sec., unplug the battery then the power cord. I then have to replug everything in and repeat the scenario again, then it will start.  It's a real pain.  A permanent fix would be nice.
  • @MSmitty Does the same problem occur after updating the bios to version 1.21?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer