Please help!!!!! How do I fix this problem?

MattHyde780
MattHyde780 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi I have an acer aspire 3 and have created a USB with windows 10 to boot windows from when my computer was working. I was able to co figure my computer to install windows from the USB with no issues but I wasnt happy with the install because it didnt clear my whole drive so I looked into ways to solve this.My problem is this..I read a forum that said there was no problem deleting drive one esb and deleting drive 4 (which was a recovery drive) because I now had an alternate media to install windows from..I deleted 1 and 4 according to these instructions and now I am unable to proceed and install windows 10...I am assuming that I have deleted some sort of acer boot files that were important to the install and I'm wondering what I can do now..my warranty is no longer good so what are my options? Where can I get the files needed to fix my computer and then continue and install windows 10? I have a photo attached showing my inability to click next and install the windows from my USB in my d drive to my primary partition. What are my options? What can I do to fix my computer and be able to install windows again?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    You have cleared the ESP FAT32 partition (100MB) needed for the EFI boot files. Click on 'show details', then post a phoneshot of the results. You will probably have to clean the drive from the USB stick advanced section command prompt using diskpart. Then start over reinstalling Win10. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MattHyde780
    Ok..I have the screen shot here..I clicked on the show details option when drive 0  100mb was highlighted..here is what it says. 
  • JackE
    You're either trying to install Windows in BIOS legacy mode or your USB installation stick is made for an MBR partitioned HDD/SSD boot drive, not GPT partitioned. The BIOS must be in UEFI mode and the USB stick made by using Microsoft's media creation tool at this link. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MattHyde780
    edited September 2020
    Thanks..apparently I was in legacy mode the whole time and when I  changed it to uefi before I must not have saved changes....I'll see how it goes and if it all installs..the install appears to be working fine now... :o
  • JackE
    Good luck. Let us know how it goes. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MattHyde780
    Yup! Installed fine...thanks again.
  • JackE
    Congrats. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ