Help me with my eMachines 1850 Graphics card!

VegetaFTW
VegetaFTW Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hey guys, i found this old pc i had from a long time ago.
I have 4GB ram and i also currently own a graphics card called Intel (R) G41 Express Chipset...
I really needed you guys to tell me what graphics card i can get to upgrade my computer, and also if i can get a new processor aswell .
Also im kinda new to building computers so i would also need help to find my actual Intel (R) G41 Express Chipset and remove it , so  i can put the new graphics card

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    The EL1850 models were released back in the W7 days and I believe aren't new enough to support UEFI booting. That means that many of the modern GPUs aren't supported. For processors as long as you stay under 65W and pick a support Intel Core 2 Quad or Core 2 Duo CPU you are likely OK. You won't see a great speed improvement with a processor swap though. Your best bet for an upgrade is to swap the old HDD out for a SSD. That gives the biggest boost for you buck. If you decide to drop a GPU card in, make sure it is at or under the 35W limit your x16 slot has.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.