Aspire 3 A315-42G Laptop Ram Upgrade

Options
JioTheGreat
JioTheGreat Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello All, I have Aspire 3 A315-42G Laptop which has 4Gb DDR4 2133Mhz Ram on it. 

I was wondering if I can add 16 Gb DDR4 ram while other 4Gb stays on slot 1? Would they work together?

I just dont wanna waste 4 gb so should I just get another same one and make it 8 gb total? 

And if you have any recommendations, i appreacite. 

Thanks in advance. 

Cheers!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    It all depends on how much RAM you need for your work, if you are happy with 8GB total memory, I would suggest you to get another module of 4GB and install, if you think you need more than 8GB, you can install 16GB to make the maximum total memory of 20GB(4GB onboard+16GB), for most users 8GB is more than enough.
  • JioTheGreat
    JioTheGreat Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi,
    It all depends on how much RAM you need for your work, if you are happy with 8GB total memory, I would suggest you to get another module of 4GB and install, if you think you need more than 8GB, you can install 16GB to make the maximum total memory of 20GB(4GB onboard+16GB), for most users 8GB is more than enough.
    Hey, thank you very much for your reply! 
    Well 8 GB should be more than enough for what I do however I would not mind having more just in case I may need to use some softwares that may require more than 8 GB. 

So you are saying 16GB + 4GB would work just fine. 

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it.