How to initialize & format new 128 gb SSD drive - Aspire 5 515 43

Options
Poetshep
Poetshep Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Operating system is Windows 10 -- trying to initialize and format a new 128 g SSD drive on my Acer Aspire 5 515 43. When loading BIOS the new SSD shows up in my information panel but when I go to Windows 10 diskmgmt.msc or my freeware version of EASEPartition the new SSD does not show. How can I initialize and format it.

Help needed 

Answers

• Poetshep
    Options
    The above link will likely work if I could get the drive to show.  New SSD shows in my Bios Summary but can't get it to appear in either Windows 10 disk managment or in AOMEI Partition Assistant.  Problem occurred when computer totally crashed. I had windows 10 on original ssd drive and a 2.5" SATA drive in second slot. Only way I could get using computer was to load windows 10 on the SATA drive.  I took out original 128 gb drive as I assumed it had failed and replaced it with new WD ssd with same part no. Just can't get it recognized except in BIOS summary menu.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Press windows + r and type msconfig. Go to system startup and activate safeboot. Then, restart windows. Then go to the device manager and uninstall and delete the driver for the sata ahci controller.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Poetshep
    Options
    Thanks for info and help.    I tried this but it didn't work. I'm now thinking I must have connection or cabling problem. Also show in device manager that the NVM Express Controller and the Qualcom Atheros Network Adapter not working but when trying to upate driver for these two, it shows that the best drivers all ready installed. Been using USD network driver to access internet.  My secondary harddrive (one with Windows 10) working fine.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you check the health of your hard drive with the crystaldiskinfo program?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)