would the Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 work with my Acer Aspire 5736Z-4790?

Options
Pecosa
Pecosa Member Posts: 4 New User
I would like to upgrade my single band wireless card with a dual band wireless card. Wondering if the Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 would work with my Acer Aspire 5736Z-4790 if not, which one would work? thanks!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    I did some quick looking and didn't find any 9260 based mini PCIe cards. The ones I found were all M.2 instead. You need the mini PCIe.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Pecosa
    Options
    billsey said:
    I did some quick looking and didn't find any 9260 based mini PCIe cards. The ones I found were all M.2 instead. You need the mini PCIe.
    Do you know which mini PCIe would work on my Acer and that has dual band capabilities?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Try the 7260 models instead.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Pecosa
    Options
    I wanted to jump in here for anyone who might be trying to figure out which card would work on the 5736z-4790. 
    I did install the Intel 7260.HMWWB dual band WiFi 802.11ac (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz) with Bluetooth 4.0 support. 
    Make sure to download the following intel driver otherwise the Bluetooth radio won’t work.
    “Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Intel® Wireless 7260 Family and Intel® Dual-Band Wireless-AC 3160”

This card works like a charm. Now my girls laptop has dual band wifi with a great Bluetooth connection.