White spots down right side of the screen

Mugwortt
Mugwortt Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
We have white spots coming down the right side of the screen. Looked up past posts and opened computer in BIOS waited for 5 mins and not white spots. This lead me to updating the display drivers, updated but when I restarted the computer the spots came back, hit entter a couple times and then the mouse appeared and all was good again. This is my wife's main computer. 

Thanks for any other direction you can give me. 

Answers

• LunaAdmirer
    LunaAdmirer Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    HI @Mugwortt

It seems like there is no hardware issue since you are unable to view the spots in BIOS so try to uninstall the Video drivers and then again restart your unit.

Click yes if this was useful to you!!
  • Mugwortt
    Uninstalled the video driver and restarted and no change. We are using a mouse instead of the mouse pad which helps but find as soon as we touch the screen to goes haywire. Screen will expand to a larger size and the white circles flash up and down the right side of the screen. 
  • Mugwortt

these are the white dots we are seeing, usually on the top right corner of the screen and they will flash on and off and run down the right side. I connected an external monitor and the dots show up on the external monitor too eliminating the laptop screen as the issue. Not sure where to go next with this? Thinking about resetting the laptop back to factory and see if that makes a difference?