My Acer Iconia Tab 8 W turns completely OFF for 2 to 3 days after a Windows update.

Options
McBrien410
McBrien410 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
The update starts to install OK, the Acer turns OFF and NOTHING will get it to switch back ON. Volume button and On button just no response.
I try ever few hours to turn it ON, nothing. Then usually two days, sometimes three days it suddenly decides to turn ON.
This is one of the most useless devices I've ever purchased. I would NOT recommend them to anybody.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    My guess is the update is failing due to insufficient space on the drive. How much free room do you have?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • McBrien410
    Options
    There is 12GB of disc space free.
    Every time I switch on the system says that updates are available.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    See if you can get it up to more like 16GB free, or put an empty SD card in to see if it'll use that for temporary files while updating.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • McBrien410
    Options
    I'll give it a try.  At the moment it is shut-down as I think the update has started doing its update.
    Meanwhile I've just received the other one back from repair as somebody sat on the screen.
    I'll be checking that one for the same symptoms.