Acer Aspire 3 A3155330N0 156 Screen flickers at sign in.

Gprince
Gprince Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Acer Aspire 3 A3155330N0 156, screen flickers at sign in. I can start to type in password but even if I hit enter it flickers and I'm back at an empty password box, so I'm stuck at the Microsoft login. Tried safemode, same issue. There is no way to update graphics driver from BIOS, and I can't get into my actual computer to do it there.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Turn the machine on and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu again. Does the BIOS menu screen flicker? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Gprince
    JackE said:
    Turn the machine on and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu again. Does the BIOS menu screen flicker? Jack E/NJ
    No, it does not.
  • JackE
    >>>if I hit enter it flickers and I'm back at an empty password box,>>>

How about entering with the mouse instead of the key? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Gprince
    JackE said:
    >>>if I hit enter it flickers and I'm back at an empty password box,>>>

How about entering with the mouse instead of the key? Jack E/NJ
    Still doesn't work.
  • JackE
    edited September 2020
    You can try a battery reset by removing the charger and gently inserting a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole for about 30 seconds. If it still doesn't work, you can also try an ALT+F10 cold boot refresh while saving your personal files. Shut the machine off. Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear. Follow directions. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Gprince
    JackE said:
    You can try a battery reset by removing the charger and gently inserting a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole for about 30 seconds. If it still doesn't work, you can also try an ALT+F10 cold boot refresh while saving your personal files. Shut the machine off. Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear. Follow directions. Jack E/NJ
    Any form of restoring I've tried from the alt-f10 menu errors out after a few minutes and does not complete the restore.
  • Gprince
    JackE said:
    Nor did the battery rest work. Tried a few times.
  • JackE
    >>>Any form of restoring I've tried from the alt-f10 menu errors out after a few minutes and does not complete the restore. >>>

What are the exact error messages that you get? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ