Acer Nitro n50-600 I'm planning on Upgrading and I want to know it my mobo and bios support.

Options
Adamk181
Adamk181 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in Nitro Gaming
I currently have an Acer Nitro N50-600, I'm planning on upgrading and I want to know it my mobo and bios will support the i9 9900? 

I currently have a 9th gen i5 9400f with 16GB RAM and a GTX 1660Ti. My BIOS version is: R01-C3 and currently has the same chipset and socket as the i9, I have already checked all this so in theory it should work right? 

Please help me!! 
[Edited the thread to add issue  detail]

Best Answer

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Adamk181 said:
    Ok, so I went into the BIOS and found 2 serial numbers but I will give you the first 10 digits for both. #

System Serial Number: DGE0HEK05D....
    Base Boad Serial Number: DBE0H11004...

Hope this helps, thank you! 

@Acer-Samuel

Yes this supports I7 and I9 processors. Before upgrading i would also suggest to seek local tech advice.

Answers

• Samuel-Acer
    Options
    Hi @Adamk181,

Please share the first 10 digits of your unit serial number.

Regards,
    Acer-Samuel
  • Adamk181

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you for your reply, how do I find the unit serial number? 

@Acer-Samuel
  • Adamk181

Tinkerer

Options
    Ok, so I went into the BIOS and found 2 serial numbers but I will give you the first 10 digits for both. #

@Acer-Samuel

• Samuel-Acer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Adamk181 said:

@Acer-Samuel

Yes this supports I7 and I9 processors. Before upgrading i would also suggest to seek local tech advice.
  • Adamk181

Tinkerer

Options
    Adamk181 said:

@Acer-Samuel

I have succesfully installed my i9 9900 and all is working good. Why would I need I need to seek local tech advise? Is there anthing I should be worried about? @Acer-Samuel
  • fubers
    fubers Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

By the way, can I put rtx 4080 or 4070 there? And how does the computer live?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,948 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023
    Options

The Nitro N50-600 model is restricted by its Acer proprietary single rail 500W max PSU from being upgraded to any gpu other than what is in the ballpark of a 500W PSU, Acer uses the RTX2070 8GB GDDR6 GPU as its high end GPU for this model and I suggest that you do the same as its a good gaming GPU, this is the Acer details and part number:

The RTX4070 needs a 650W PSU and the RTX4080 needs an 850W PSU, the N50-600 has an Acer proprietary single rail 500W PSU which won't power these two gpu's , so the answer is a definite NO!

• fubers
    fubers Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options