Mx150 consuming too much power? Battery not charging aspire 5 A515-51g-515j

System
System Member Posts: 4,518 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
This discussion was created from comments split from: Mx150 consuming too much power? Battery not charging aspire 5 a515-51g-58gi.

Answers

• Geralt
    Geralt Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    ajay14 said:
    dcunlocks said:
    Hi Ajay , I am facing same problem , how to resolve it.
    Hi, i  still haven't been able to remove the problem. Recently i did firmware update and that seemed to cure the problem for a while then it seems to happen again. I have seen a lot of aspire users complain about the same problem. I think this problem might be specific to some hardware and maybe caused due to hardware issues rather than software issues. Try contacting a authorized acer service center and explain  the problem, closely monitor their progress and dont let the service reps to jump into conclusions like a bad battery or charging adapter.  
    Same issue have you found a fix i searched for whole issues for entire week and didn't found a fix yet my battery is healthy only wear of 8 per and also laptop is only 1yr old.The laptop charges normally but during gaming the charger keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and both power and charging led blinking locking fps to 10 and stopping the charge entirely,i have tried every solutions like clean windows install, updating bios,drivers, uninstalling battery drivers,using battery reset pinhole, reseting bios to default settings, calibrating battery by charging to 100 and draining to 0 and charging again to 100 3 times in a row as well,even undervolting gpu using msi afterburner and cpu using throttlestop as well,my charger is fine as well since it charges pretty fast during normal usage but whenever i open any games the charger stops charging and keeps making beeping sound and behaves as if i plug out the charger.Saw the complains regarding the same issues with most aspire users and even in predator users in acer community and tried all solutions mentioned in those complains comment section but still My acer aspire A515-51g-515j have same issues as yours and at this point i think its Acer fault itself doing lazy work while manufacturing their laptops and using cheap quality products.Now i am forced to do only basic task with my laptop rip Acer I won't by their products again in my entire life.Never had such issues with my old dell and asus laptops.
    Do let me know if you ever found a fix?Since theres no official solution by acer at all regarding this issues.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Battery must be near 100% charged and plugged in BEFORE starting heavy loads for maximum play time. But as the battery discharges helping the charger meet power demands, you will start to seeing rapid connect/disconnect behavior again when the battery reaches about the 50% level. Trying to defeat this to extend play time may overheat the machine & charger. Laptops esp non-gaming designs like the A5s simply can't handle extended power demands and heat dissipation as well as a gaming desktop. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ajay14
    ajay14 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Geralt said:
    ajay14 said:
    dcunlocks said:
    Hi Ajay , I am facing same problem , how to resolve it.
    Hi, i  still haven't been able to remove the problem. Recently i did firmware update and that seemed to cure the problem for a while then it seems to happen again. I have seen a lot of aspire users complain about the same problem. I think this problem might be specific to some hardware and maybe caused due to hardware issues rather than software issues. Try contacting a authorized acer service center and explain  the problem, closely monitor their progress and dont let the service reps to jump into conclusions like a bad battery or charging adapter.  
    Same issue have you found a fix i searched for whole issues for entire week and didn't found a fix yet my battery is healthy only wear of 8 per and also laptop is only 1yr old.The laptop charges normally but during gaming the charger keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and both power and charging led blinking locking fps to 10 and stopping the charge entirely,i have tried every solutions like clean windows install, updating bios,drivers, uninstalling battery drivers,using battery reset pinhole, reseting bios to default settings, calibrating battery by charging to 100 and draining to 0 and charging again to 100 3 times in a row as well,even undervolting gpu using msi afterburner and cpu using throttlestop as well,my charger is fine as well since it charges pretty fast during normal usage but whenever i open any games the charger stops charging and keeps making beeping sound and behaves as if i plug out the charger.Saw the complains regarding the same issues with most aspire users and even in predator users in acer community and tried all solutions mentioned in those complains comment section but still My acer aspire A515-51g-515j have same issues as yours and at this point i think its Acer fault itself doing lazy work while manufacturing their laptops and using cheap quality products.Now i am forced to do only basic task with my laptop rip Acer I won't by their products again in my entire life.Never had such issues with my old dell and asus laptops.
    Do let me know if you ever found a fix?Since theres no official solution by acer at all regarding this issues.

Its a fact that acer's lower end hardware are not up to the mark when it comes to manufacturing standards. I found several issues when i opened my laptop to repaste thermal compound. The Heat sinks screws were over torqued and unremovable. Some screws were screwed in a weird angle and was stuck. And the fact that many people are facing the same issues means acer is not providing quality support to its budget level hardware.

• Geralt
    Geralt Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    @ajay14 have you fixed the issue yet or dealing with this issue,or bought another stable laptop from different manufacturers? For me its pain and really angry at acer what a waste of money i think i will buy another greater experience stable laptop from another manufacture and boycott acer forever,  since the beginning of purchase of my laptop this charger auto disconnects and reconnects ruins the gaming experience which locks fps to 10 and eventually drains the battery,also this issue is common in almost most of the acer laptops as seen by the amount of complains in predator,nitro,aspire series in acer community.I have also tried literally every solution like playing with 100 per charge, calibrating battery, undervolting cpu and gpu,reinstalling windows,battery reseting with pinhole, reseting bios, upgrading bios, uninstalling battery drivers, checking battery wear and also saw only 6 per wear lvl,using different power outlets and new adapter, following every steps posted in every complains regarding it in acer community,none seems to fix the issue,and this confirms its the acer using cheap quality products during manufacture of laptops so that they can get high profit,i never had issues with my 5 yr old dell laptop till now, Don't know why i bought this totally unstable pilee of garbaage acer product.
    Also if you search on Google by typing acer laptops charger disconnects while gaming then you will find tons of acer acer predator owners,aspire owners,nitro owners complaining about the same issue in acer community and the solution posted in comment section of those posts are useless and doesn't works and acer official still haven't told a working fix at all which totally confirms acer manufacturing their laptops carelessly using cheap low quality products so that they can get high profit,i am done with this acer laptop this will be my last acer laptop purchase i will never waste money on this acer ever again what a pathetic service and cheap manufacturing.Will not recommend to my friends, and other known neighbors and relatives at all